Danhell

Code:
Renewing Ritual
????Events
????????Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
????Conditions
????????(Ability being cast) Equal to Renewing Ritual 
????Actions
????????Set Renewing_Ritual_Castpoint = (Position of Nature Druid 0125 <gen>)
????????Unit - Create 1 Renewing Ritual UNIT for (Owner of Nature Druid 0125 <gen>) at Renewing_Ritual_Castpoint facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
????????Unit - Add Renewing Ritual (Dummy)??to (Last created unit)
????????Unit - Set level of Renewing Ritual (Dummy)??for (Last created unit) to (Level of Renewing Ritual??for Nature Druid 0125 <gen>)
????????Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike Renewing_Ritual_Castpoint
????????Unit - Add a 6.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
????????Wait 1.00 seconds
????????Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Renewing_Ritual_Castpoint)

Hi people im new on this forum, im hoping somebody can help me..
This code actives when i actie a summoning ability that doesn't do anything - but starts the trigger :)

It should summon the dummy unit, and force it to cast a modified flame strike - with negative values, and friend target instead of enemy. It heals. It should heal at laeast. I dont know whats wrong, i checked the mana cost, the values, targets... I see they are perfect, but this doesnt work...
What did i wrong? :(
Thanks for helps

Werbung:

Xeridanus

it is good that you've gone through the trouble of posting your trigger and what it does, however... what does it do at the moment? we need to know what's happening before we can change it and make it do what it's supposed to. kay?

~Xeridanus, More then willing to be of assistance.

Danhell

Creates the dummy (well its not as dummy as you think.. i needed a entangle mine effect,but the original was too small, so i gave it as a model to a unit, and grow its scaling value) and then heck, nothing happens.

st33m

I think this is a spell problem. To test this, give the spell to a unit, and use the unit to cast it. I mean, not as in dummy, I just mean make a unit with the spell and cast it on stuff. IF that fails, then it is a trigger problem. From my understanding, it makes the dummy, but doesnt cast. Make sure you havnt changed order strings or anything. The next thing I would check is the duration and cast time on the flamestrike-based spell. It might be that 6 seconds isnt long enough (allthough, I doubt it).

Xeridanus

can you send me a copy in a PM please? of course, i won't divulge any information you have in your map, i just want to be able to see it infront of me, and fix it without having to wait for your responses.

<div align="center">---------------===============EDIT===============---------------</div>

ok, i've noticed a few things,

1) your dummy, doesn't need invulnerability, that comes with the locust abil.

2) instead of giving your dummy spell to the unit in the trigger, why not give it to the unit in the object editor? it saves unnessecary code and chance for error.

3) it does work. your trigger is perfect (except for pre-mentioned details), but it only works in an area of 200, (the size of the original flamestrike). considering the collision size of most units is 128, units to be healed will have to be right on top of the ward and not very many would get healed.

Danhell

I sent you it. Also, it works! if i move the unit.... in the middle of the effect, it has no effect on the units. if i move them farther out a little bit, they get the buff and theyre getting healed faster! But its not okay, i need to fix it..

Danhell

Yeah Fine. Isnt there a site where more people online, and i dont have to wait days to an answer?:)
Because thehelpernet is down since a while... and the errors are coming T.T

Werbung:

Zergleb

you can't have a wait before removing a location in a global variable, what if the value of the global variable changes in that time?? and why is there a wait in the first place???