Too many Mario games for the Wii?

GoldenAssassin

Alright, I understand that Mario is Nintendo's official mascot. However, is anybody else getting worried about the sheer amount of Mario-flavoured games being released for the Wii? Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Football, Mario RPGs, Tennis, etc etc.

Sure, in the past there were a couple titles of Mario games every year or so. But it seems like Nintendo isn't even focusing on releasing anything for the Wii that does not feature the Mario cast.

I want to see some new and unique/badass gaming characters on the Wii.

Can't wait till Wii Ware!

Werbung:

Matt

I was actually thinking that the other day. There's loads of Mario games coming out or is already out.

I don't think it's a bad idea though, everyone loves mario. But can you have too much Mario? I dont think so.

GoldenAssassin

To me, playing with Mario all the time just gets monotonous. Mario games are usually great, viscerally and in terms of control. However, we need some more games. The WIi is over 7 months old now, and third party RPG's are pretty much nonexistent.

Jailbreak

yer the wii deffinately needs some proper hard core rpgs. I wish nintendo would concentrate more on the "proper" mario games, so we could have mario galaxy sooner!

Matt

If Sega brought a new console out (not that they will..) would Sonic be on there all the time?

I think so. Easy selling point, Actually, USP, everyone loves him, he doesnt appear many other places ;)

BeatMario

They put Mario in every game, 'cause that was their idea.
They created "New Super Mario Bros." and the majority of DS users bought it, and loved it.
This gave them the idea of "retro-modern-gaming".
Which is why you see many sequels of famous nintendo characters, like Strikers Charged and Twilight, and soon Galaxy and Brawl.

Werbung: