Time to find the problem.....

Agent Mulder

Here are my stats for my card. I can't figure out why a 16 MB recommended game only gives me 15 FPS with a 64 MB card. Here are all the stats.

Moniter Refresh Rate: 100 Hz
Video Mode: 1024 by 768 True Color (100 Hz)

OPEN GL STATS
Asynchronous Flip: Off
Triple Buffering: Default
Flipping Policy: Flip
Depth Buffer Bit Depth: Default
Force S3TC Texture Compression: Off
Force FXT1 Tecture Compression: Off
Driver Memory Footpring: Normal
Texture Color Depth: Desktop Color Depth
Anisotropic Filtering: Application Control

I have tried the game at every resolution, with no change in FPS. Help out please!!

Werbung:

blze

what she said and:

anisotropic filtering = off

do the v-sync, open GL, and anisotropic filtering first and go ingame, check it, and then play with your resolution.

Agent Mulder

Intigrated 64mb Intel Extreme card. Yes it blows, but CZ only needs 16.....

256MB Ram
2.7 GhZ Processor
80GB HD

Thats everything else that would effect the FPS...

mYth

Agent Mulder said:
Moniter Refresh Rate: 100 Hz
Video Mode: 1024 by 768 True Color (100 Hz)
Triple Buffering: Default

Hmmm.......i'm looking at the refresh rate and screen size.......seems a wee bit on the high side....drop to 800x600 and knock that refresh rate down to about 70 Hz......and shut trip buffering down......it throws so much shit into your vid card memory buffer that it'll have no room to breathe and thus lower your fps considerably......it's only good for vid cards with 128 Mb or higher

Agent Mulder

Shit. I did all that, and my FPS....... FUCKING TANKED!! I can't even get above 10 FPS now. Here are the new settings.

Moniter

800x600 70 Hz refresh

OpenGL Stats

Asynchronous Flip: On
Triple Buffering: Off
Flipping Policy: Flip
Depth Buffer Bit Depth: Default
Force S3TC Texture Compression: Off
Force FXT1 Texture Compression: Off
Driver Memory Footprint: Normal
Texture Color Depth: Desktop Color Depth
Anisotropic Filtering: Off

In-Game Settings

800x600
OpenGL
Detailed Settings
High Color

DeathCorpse

yea what myth said. turn triple buffering off. it is only really good to use it when you have vertical sync enabled which you shouldnt. and turn everything else to high performance. also try downloading the 4.12 omega catylst drivers they seem to work the best out of all the ones I have tried.

contrary to popular believe setting your agp apeture size to above 128 may cause degredation of performance. most common reccomended settings are 64 and 128. the more ram you have the higher this can go, but the more video ram you have the lower you would want this to be.

DigitalSword

Mulder, dont listen to these nubs, actually consult help with someone who knows what they are talking about.

The Facts:

With an Intel integrated card your game will suck ass, while the name implies 64mb of ram the Actual physical memory is 8mb, the card integrates system memory into video card memory throughsome sort of transfer for basic video/graphical programs. This transfer is the epitome of intels actual sell-point, "extreme".... extremely slow that is, creating severe latency on all marks. My New Dell XPS laptop has 128mb of integrated intel goodness, but it is still 8mb, transferred to 128 through system memory and i get 50 fps on average which is playable, but not very good.(although i wreck u guys all the time with it).

Bottom Line: NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, if you have an integrated video card, your gameplay will suffer, there is no setting you can disable, there is no sneak, hack, overclock, tweak, boost, etc.. that will get you more performance from an integrated video card. More SYStem memory could help, but your talking about a $75+ investment for single digits if framerate.

I also have a 32 mb video card that is stand-alone and ancient. This card still runs the game horribly. Keep in mind that that "system requirements" section on the side of the box implies MINIMUM hardware, and they arent joking, its a sell point, and itll get you to the main menu but good luck even loading. Be sure your machine has the "recommended requirements" before purchasing any game or you will be severely dissappointed, and poor.

The verdict: You need a stand-alone video card, with integrated you can play 4-5 year old games to speed and thats about it.

Tips: Ebay, NewEgg.

Purchase a 256mb video card and never have an issue for a few years to come. And if youve already bought system memory, good, itll help with the new card.

DS...out

Werbung:

DeathCorpse

yea listen to digi he stayed at a holiday inn express last night......

seriously dude all you did is tell him his shit sucks and to go out and buy some new shit way to help