The best way to control Mario Kart Wii

jesta

definitive-mario-kart-wii-showdown-490.jpg
There are five ways to handle your racer in Mario Kart Wii: Wii Remote solo, Wii Remote embedded in Wii Wheel, Wii Remote with Nunchuk, Classic Controller, and GameCube controller. But, removing all other variables, which control method is the best? Are there really limitations to not using the Wii Wheel? We decided to pull out the ever-trusty "scientific method" and determine, once and for all, the best kart controller.

The Setup

To isolate the control scheme variable, we used a controlled setting. Given the stability of the control scheme, we stuck as close as we could to the following strategy:
  • Mario using Standard Kart M or Standard Bike B, Manual Power Slides
  • Solo Time Trial on Luigi Circuit
  • First curve must be normal turn
  • Power sliding all the way through second curve (until orange if possible)
  • At next straightway, use a boost mushroom at second set of adjacent pipes, go off the course and over the ramp, and do a trick mid-air
  • Power sliding through final curve, avoiding boosters (until orange if possible)
  • (Bike only) Performing a wheelie from end of curve until crossing finish line
We ran three trials with each control scheme and each bike (that's 3 x 5 x 2 = 30 separate trials), recording the best lap and best time for each.

The Results

ktt.jpg

More info here

Werbung:

titch.ryan

it also depends on how much the person doing the test has used each control scheme.
he/she may be a veteran from playing double dash

Werbung:

MarioLinkSamus

Although on the link to joystiq it says that the control scheme is very different to DD. I don't know though as I haven't got it yet (I imported Brawl instead) but i'm planning to in the next couple of weeks!!