The 3DS is going to have a real fight on its hands if the price doesn't drop against the PS Vita

When you look at all of Nintendo's past handheld ventures, they've always had two advantages.

The first advantage being time. They were always first out of the gate. So any competition was immediately disadvantaged from their late start in the market.

The second advantage is price. Nintendo handhelds were notoriously known for being price well under any competition. Which of course, made them easier to buy for the masses.

But now, for the first time ever, their competition will negate one of the two advantages. The PS Vita will have the same price as the 3DS. Whether Nintendo wants to admit it or not, that is a big deal. And it's something they better address if they want easy sailing in the handheld market as they've had in the past.

Werbung:

Kate23

I think the 3DS has a pretty reasonable price. Yeah, its about double the price of the previous DS's but the 3DS is a whole new system and has a lot more put into it.

I wonder what kind of impact the PS Vita will have on the 3DS. I think many people have bought it by now (I got it when it first came out) but I suppose some that are planning on getting it may be waiting for Christmas.

I think the 3DS has a pretty reasonable price. Yeah, its about double the price of the previous DS's but the 3DS is a whole new system and has a lot more put into it.

I wonder what kind of impact the PS Vita will have on the 3DS. I think many people have bought it by now (I got it when it first came out) but I suppose some that are planning on getting it may be waiting for Christmas.

By that time they'll need to have a decent line up to stave off the Vita. Part of the reason the 3DS isn't doing what Nintendo wants is because it lacks any really good games right now.

Kate23

That is true, there aren't many games yet. I expected there to be more by now, but maybe thats a good thing for me, I'm trying to save up for a few more.

save27

I wish the 3ds was $50 cheaper. When the price is dropped $50, I will buy it. Right now it won't be able to compete with the vita due to the high price.

I wish the 3ds was $50 cheaper. When the price is dropped $50, I will buy it. Right now it won't be able to compete with the vita due to the high price.

Well from the way Nintendo talks as of late, they aren't really worried about the Vita or its price. Although, they should be to be honest. But time will tell soon enough.

Werbung: