Super Mario 3 (NES) Lost Levels

jesta

Super Mario Bros. 3’s Lost Levels

Levels that you were never meant to see are hiding in your old NES copy of Super Mario Bros. 3. Luckily, if you’ve still got a Game Genie, you can unlock them and try them out for yourself. A lot of these “lost levels” aren’t anywhere near finished...

I couldn't believe my luck when I read this article. For I still have my original copy of SM3 and I still have my Game Genie from all those years ago, and I had no idea about these codes lol :D

Waterfall--article_image.jpg

Lost Waterfall Level: You’ll need to swim up a series of vertical waterfalls to make your way to the end of this stage. It’s an interesting concept, but keeping Mario lined up with the waterfalls is a bit of a pain. Could this be why this stage was not included in the final game?
Game Genie Code: AZXUAGPX, APNUGGXE, NZNUIKUU

MarioPlains1-part2--article_image.jpg

Lost Plains Level: This is a two-tier level. Head down the pipe to your left to reach the lower tier and you’ll find some Goombas hopping around in Kuribo’s shoe on your right.
Game Genie Code: UZSLZGYX, OGSLLGSG, GGNUGGXE, NZNUIKUL

Plains2Clouds--article_image.jpg

Lost Plains Level 2: An interesting level that has you running to the right on its upper tier, and swimming to the left on its lower one. Once you reach the end, you’ll find a pipe that drops you off in a coin-collecting cloud stage.
Game Genie Code: PZSLZGYZ, XGSLLGSG, KZNUGGXE, OZNUIKUU

MarioFloatingPowerup--article_image.jpg

Lost Hills Level: Some fans have speculated that this stage might be an early version of area 7-3, due to the similarities in their designs. Have fun and try not to die.
Game Genie Code: LZXUAGPZ, SINUGGXE, ELNUIKUL

Underground1--article_image.jpg

Lost Underground Level: This underground area seems to feature some placeholder art for the large door at the beginning of the stage. Check it out for some spelunker-friendly moments.
Game Genie Code: LZXUAGPZ, ZGNUGGXA, KLNUIKUL

Icy--article_image.jpg

Lost Icy Level: In this short and slippery area, you’ll have to navigate icy blocks that rise and fall while keeping up with the right-scrolling screen.
Game Genie Code: AOZULT, GGGGGGGG

Link

Werbung:

pkf0rtzh4ar

i heard much of lost levels. also for other mario games. too bad it isnt on VC otherwise i yet turned on my wii and bougth the games :)

Cardd

Sweet. I have never ever had an idea there could be levels like this Lol
Are there any hidden levels in Mario 1 or 2?

msdstnctv9

Just when you thought Super Mario 3 couldn't possibly get better! This is my favorite game of all-time. I was the first out of all my siblings (3 boys) to beat this game. Lol.

iebo00

It brings back a lot of great memories playing that game. It was a huge one and you had to complete it since you couldn't save your progress. Its pretty awesome that they had hidden levels in there, I wonder why they do that. Maybe just as easter eggs? Sadly I no longer have my old NES.

Werbung:

sammy

After all this years, the game genie is still getting some use!

Now, I hope someone will try to release a hack with this levels unlocked. You'll probably need ot add things to them to make them feel more complete. A similar project was done with Sonic 2 Beta. There were stages seen in screenshots before the game was released, that never appeared in the retail version. Mario 3 Beta would be almost as interesting.