Stutter Problem Solution!!!

Palooza

As you guys might have seen a few weeks ago, I posted because I was having a lag/stutter problem with cz.
Basically, I got a new computer and for some reason my Condition Zero would "stutter" every few seconds, and over time it gets worse. It would only happen in Condition Zero, higher graphics game (FEAR, HL2, CS:S, etc) would not do this.

Anyway, if you have this "stutter" problem, here's the solution.

After browing the web for a Call of Duty 2 Bug (health wouldn't regen on certain levels, mission wouldn't end on certain levels), I inadverantly found the solution to the CZ stutter problem. The process I bought was an AMD X2 4400, which is a duel core processor. Apparantly, games such as Call of Duty 2 and Condition Zero are not very fond of duel core processors.
Thus, to get rid of the problem, start up Condition Zero. Then alt-tab out so you can get to your alt-tab-del to your Window Task Manager. Click on the processes tab and choose the Condition Zero process (for me, it's hl.exe). Right click on it and choose "Set Affinity..." This will bring up a bunch of checkboxes for your CPUs. Now, deselect one of your CPUs - it doesn't matter which one. As long as you're only running one CPU for Condition Zero (it only effects CZ when u change this), the stutter will go away.
Similarly, if you're having a problem with Call of Duty 2 (specifically a mission won't ever end or your health won't regenerate), do the same process as above but on the Call of Duty 2 process. However, after you do this, you have to start the entire mission over before it will take effect.

I hope this helps out someone else who might be having a similar problem!

Werbung: