Street Fighter vs. Tekken

radascars

Yes, it's happening: During Capcom's Super Street Fighter 4 panel at Comic-Con today, a trailer was shown off for Street Fighter X Tekken for PS3 and Xbox 360, the official name for the game pitting characters from two of the most popular fighting game series ever against each other for the first time.

The announcement came in what almost sounds like the promotion for an epic wrestling match -- the proceedings of the panel were suddenly interrupted (very deliberately, of course) by producers of the Tekken series, and this was followed by a trailer that made the game official (we should have some footage up soon). Evidently SSF4 producer Yoshinori Ono first approached Tekken 6 producer Katsuhiro Harada about the idea, since Ono heard Harada was a Street Fighter fan.

So the original rumor that "Capcom vs. Namco" would be announced wasn't quite accurate (obviously Street Fighter X Tekken suggests only characters from the Street Fighter and Tekken series will appear in it), but the rumor was correct that there will be two versions: One made by Capcom that'll play more in the style of Street Fighter, and one by Namco (called Tekken X Street Fighter) that'll play more like a Tekken game.

Werbung:
I am also interested in that but seeing the gameplay its worth playing and it would take some time before they release Tekken vs SF. :)

Unfortunately, what you say is quite true. Namco is working on Tekken Tag Tournament 2 right now. So Tekken vs Streetfighter won't be after that at least.

radascars

Unfortunately, what you say is quite true. Namco is working on Tekken Tag Tournament 2 right now. So Tekken vs Streetfighter won't be after that at least.

Lets just hope for the best in Namco's latest release they are the best when it comes to fighting games like these. :) cheers!

That's true, when it comes to 3D fighting, Namco has been THE consistent company. I have no doubt in them doing the SF characters justice in their version.

wendellvan

That's true, when it comes to 3D fighting, Namco has been THE consistent company. I have no doubt in them doing the SF characters justice in their version.

I'll have to agree on that since Namco is really an expert on that field. I'm excited to see Akuma, Ken and Chun-Li doing some elite Tekken juggles against the Original Tekken characters.

Cecil Estrera

This would be one great game, Rad! I have always loved Tekken and Street Fighter games that's why I am glad to hear this news. And upon seeing the trailer, this seems pretty awesome! I just hope that this game will be released soon.

radascars

This would be one great game, Rad! I have always loved Tekken and Street Fighter games that's why I am glad to hear this news. And upon seeing the trailer, this seems pretty awesome! I just hope that this game will be released soon.

Yeah I've been waiting for this for so long since I heard about the cross match. :)
For sure this will be addicting and I will play this for long periods of time in arcade soon!

sammy

I'll probably wait for the impending Capcom v. Namco fight. Namco X Capcom should have been ported to the US consoles. Being an RPG, there is a place for it here. Being an action RPG with fighting game characters, it was unique enough to be worth everyones time.

What I find interesting is the prospect of a three was between SNK Playmore, Capcom and Namco. It must happen. There's no real reason for it not to. I want to use Dig Dug(or Mr. Driller) and clobber Terry Bogard on a Mega Man 2 inspired level.

Werbung: