Small spell contest

Jacek

From http://wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?p=119281:

Originally posted by Jacek

Non-triggered Spell Contest

At last something for ppl who don't know triggers :) Main purpose of this contest is to have fun. Your objective is to make spells without using the trigger editor (no jass either). Example: Healing Ward, with -damage regeneration and targets set to Enemy, causing damage to units around it.

Rules:

1. You can make 1, 2 or 3 spells, no more.

2. No triggers or JASS.

3. You can use triggers to add testing functions (Increase Level, Reset Cooldown, Reset Life/Mana, Resurrect Hero, Creep Spawn), but that won't give you any additional points.

4. Your spells should be uploaded into Normal Section.

5. I will comment every spell, but voting will start after deadline. I will make this a poll or PM voting, haven't decided yet.

6. I will join this contest also, but my place won't matter much (If I win, second place receives the main prize).

7. When you upload your spells, PM me or post here link to it.

8. No modifying Orbs. Don't even touch the orbs ;]

Deadline: 1. April

Prize:
I will make a spell for winner. Spell can be JASS or triggered, just as requester wants.
Note: Prize can change during the contest

Good luck!

Werbung:

Fladian

Perhaps so, but posting a thread with only a link is something I don't like. There are people who do not want to click the link.
Even if it is only a copy paste, put it in this thread too.

james1654

Fladian, for some reason lately you've been getting bossy. You don't need to change your personality just because you're now a moderator.

If you do, people will just take the pi.ss out of you with coments like "yes sir!" and "yes, boss!"

The competetion - sweet ^^ . But most entries will probs just be spells that are changed from enemies/freindly to oposite, and then give changing it from heal/damage. A shcokwave heal ability sounds cool . . .

Fladian

I'm not bossing anyone around to start with. To post a thread with just a link is something you just don't do, no matter what. Or it must be something world shocking, then I'll forget about it. Think of the disasters with the Twin towers back then or the situations in Asia not too long ago.
As for the second, I am not "bossing around" since I became a moderator. I have always been like this, and I've been a moderator for some time already, if you didn't notice. Like it or not, I ignore most rules, but those I keep myself on, I keep other people on as well, which aren't that many.

That "yes sir" is exaggerated, but I must admit it made me chuckle for a moment. Of course, such things are not necesary. Confirmations are not really necessary, with a few exceptions again, of course.

I personally never really liked spell contests, but that's highly likely because I'm not too good in it myself. Though it mostly depends on how creative you are at first sight, it often depends a lot on how it looks.

Good luck if any of you are going to join it.

james1654

Alright Fladian, you wanna contradict me, well ill fuckin show you the meaning of contradiction . . .

here it comes . . .

Remember that werewulf thread? Well, whilst me and everyone else was upset at her departure, i did not see you say you would miss her once. The most you said was "yeah, i doubt they will go through with it" - Thats tactless fladian.

I allways used to be an arsehole. I managed to change, and so maybe you should put some efort in to stop being bossy. So, OK, maybe i changed back to being an arsehole for the duration of the time i spend on this reply. But, i couldn't give a flying fu.ck if ur just ganna go round bossing us around and saying "hey, man, not my fault, im just like this ;)" . I would have at least accepted you to say "OK, james, ill try not to be bossy again" or "oh, sorry, that did sound bossy :p"

Alright, now its time to bring in the big guns and show Flad whos teh bar.stard !

I know that werewulf was a mod on wc3sear.ch, not so sure about anvil. But either way, im sure that fladian had a little twinkle in hes eye when he saw the loot up for grabs with some nice food to feed hes power-hungry crusade to bring war and suffering to all by increasing hes empire of bossyness, either to wc3sear.ch , or furthering hes evil grasp upon the inocent unprepared citezens of a once peaceful society of anvil . . .

Yes, i know im an arsehole :p Thanks!

Good luck with contradicting this one!

Jacek

Don't spam my cute thread ^^

But most entries will probs just be spells that are changed from enemies/freindly to oposite, and then give changing it from heal/damage. A shcokwave heal ability sounds cool . . .
[/b]
I think shockwave heal won't work, I think I tried it... well, opposite spells and heal/damage won't give you big chances. Look at Frozen Orb on wc3search... thats some cool stuff what I expect.

james1654

Well, im not very good at spells, myself. I wish I was though. If i was, i'd enter.

As for the coment on my message being spam - Anything that is desighned to crush dictatorships and opresions is a heroic thing. Therefore my crusade against flad makes me a hero :)

Flad, if u wanna grouch at me, keep it inside this topic please, together we can *beep* off jacek ;)

Undead_Lives

Please stop going off-topic james.
As for the contest, aww, no orbs :(
Oh well, I'm not into doing any spell contest right now. Although, it would be perfect for someone like me :p

Werbung:

Jacek

I went with "No orbs" rule recently. I think it is too easy to modify Purge to Faerie Fire and shout "OH LEET I HAVE 30% FAERIE FIRE ON STRIKE"

EDIT: Any questions and WIPs ^^ plz go on wc3search to bump thread and make a feeling of an active contest :)