Review #4: VC Super Metroid

Did you like this review?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

metroid0070

This is my 4th review. I dowmloaded Super Metroid on VC today, and I love it!

The story is that Samus has to locate the last Metroid that a dragon, Ridley stole, and Ridley took out some scientist. Now you go to Zebes to recover it. Anyway you explore a ton of areas like Brinstar & Criteria with many powerups and bosses. The game has classic areas totally redesigned, because Zebes blew up in the first game, remember? It also has classic bosses like Kraid & Ridley, along with new ones like Crocmire. This is a 2D Metroid, in case you didn't know.

As far as controls, it's pretty good. If you have the Classic Controller, it plays like the SNES, only with a choice between anolog stick or D-Pad. As for GC Controller, you can work with it, because this game lets you fully customize the controls. I really like that feature. Also, you can suspend gameplay.

I felt that the feel of the game was good. For example, the missles operated by just pressing the select button, not holding down R like in Fusion. I also thought the soundtrack was better than Prime's. At times, wall jumping is tough, but just practice it all the time.

Anyway for a good side-scroller or just a good game, Super Metroid can be yours for 800 Points.

Statistics:
All on SNES Scale:
Gameplay: 9/10 Tons of areas to explore.
Music/Sound: 8/10 The sound isn't the best, but the music owns!
Enterteinment: 8/10 It is 1 player, but you're friends will love watching you play and help you locate items.
Replay Value: 7/10 You can collect a lot of items that are a secret.
Buy or Rent: Buy
Overall Score: 8/10

I tranfered the picture and typed the review on the Wii FTW!

Super_Metroid_SNES_Screenshot1.jpg

Edit: Updated.

Werbung:

GoldenAssassin

My opinions on the game: I never owned it. Will buy shortly, after I complete DKC2 and Dynamite Headdy. It's a highlight of VC games currently out, but nothing too urgent for me.

My opinions on the review: It needs expanded overall. I like the statistics section, but the plot rundown needs added upon (talk about indivivdual levels or power-ups) and your personal opinions on the game need to be included. What made the game fun for you? Do the visuals stand out? (I remember that this game was supposed to have an amazing soundtrack). How was the controller feel?

Werbung:

Liister87

GoldenAssassin said:
My opinions on the game: I never owned it. Will buy shortly, after I complete DKC2 and Dynamite Headdy. It's a highlight of VC games currently out, but nothing too urgent for me.

My opinions on the review: It needs expanded overall. I like the statistics section, but the plot rundown needs added upon (talk about indivivdual levels or power-ups) and your personal opinions on the game need to be included. What made the game fun for you? Do the visuals stand out? (I remember that this game was supposed to have an amazing soundtrack). How was the controller feel?

Some good points there! :)