Renting Wii games in the UK

Becky

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can rent Wii games here in the UK? I nipped over to my local Blockbuster last night, but they don't seem to do rentals at all anymore. They had a tiny selection of pre-owned, but priced higher than what you could buy new online.

And isn't it annoying how retail shops carry such a miniscule amount of Wii games? Stacks of PS3 and XBox360 stuff, but never much for us poor Nintendo lovers.

Werbung:

Becky

Thanks for all your feedback everyone! :curtsey:

jesta]I'm pretty sure tesco do it ;)[/quote] Just had a look at tesco.com and indeed they do! Thanks for the heads-up! :yess: [quote="wayne-kerr said:
My local Blockbuster rent Wii games out...

Interesting. There's another store a bit further away, I might give them a ring tomorrow and see if they do too. :)

Becky

Squiddy said:
WAHHHH!?

Tesco does Wii rentals? :^O

Yup: http://www.tescodvdrental.com Disregard the misleading URL, they actually have a lot of Wii titles (and other platforms too). I just signed up for their 14-day trial with up to 3 rentals at a time. You have to choose at least 10 titles and they will send you what's available up to your allowed limit, but you can mark each title as High, Med, or Low priority if you really want something more than another.

It does require you to enter credit/debit card info for the trial, but they don't take anything unil your 14 days is up.

EDIT / I forgot to add, if anyone decides to sign up for the trial make sure you choose one of the DVD/Games packages. There are packages which only let you rent DVD movies and these are selected by default when you register. You can, however, change your package as often as you like after the free trial.

Becky

Yup, it's only online I'm afraid. Still, I too was very surprised to hear about it. Doesn't seem to be much that Tesco don't do these days - how about cars? Hmm. Tesco Value Motors lol. An ugly cheap white car with a red racing strip that says "Tesco Value" on it? :crazy: Sorry, I digress....

Anyway, I'll give you an update on my Tesco trial. I'm a little disappointed actually. I had to choose a minimum of 10 titles, but could give each one a priority. There were 3 I particularly wanted: Resident Evil 4, Warioware Smooth Moves and Trauma Centre Second Opinion. I marked all of them as high priority and picked another 7 titles mixed at medium and low priority.

Well, they're sending me 3 titles, but none of them are my high priority ones. I'm getting Mercury Meltdown Evolution, Red Steel and Sonic & The Secret Rings.

I guess that's the disadvantage of renting online - they send you what's available at the time - but at least they're free. I will probably cancel the service before the trial is up, prefer to have a bit more certainty over what I'm going to receive.

Becky

Quick update: games arrived this morning, so got to give Tesco kudos for efficiency. Packaging is a bit flimsy though and discs are liable to get broken in the post. No manuals provided either, can't remember if that's normal for rentals, pretty sure it is.

Will let you know what I think of the games when I've had a chance to play them. Gotta nip to Gamestation now for an RGB scart cable....

Werbung:

Ryano

Becky said:
Quick update: games arrived this morning, so got to give Tesco kudos for efficiency. Packaging is a bit flimsy though and discs are liable to get broken in the post. No manuals provided either, can't remember if that's normal for rentals, pretty sure it is.

Will let you know what I think of the games when I've had a chance to play them. Gotta nip to Gamestation now for an RGB scart cable....

No manuals? Humph....anyway good to see they arrived quickly but if the packaging is bad I might not risk it incase they blame me if it gets broke....