Raiden

Earnest

I don't know HOW they pulled it off, but they did. Using Raiden over Snake just seems like the most bizarre gaming decision I've ever heard.

Why did Kojima know that would work? DID it work? Tonnes of people didn't like Raiden, while virtually no one didn't like Solid Snake. Everyone loves Snake. What if they used the same gameplay of MGS2, but shaped it around Snake rather than Raiden. Would that have worked?

My question is did you like Raiden. Also, give us your opinions on why you think Kojima would take a risk in using a character like Raiden over Snake.

Werbung:

Judge

The reason that I think Kojima risked it with Raiden is because eventually Snake is gonna die. He has already stated that MGS4 will be the last one featuring snake. And so it makes sense to introduce him earlier on then suddenly have him appear in whatever game comes after MGS4. Could you imagine just how pissed off everyone would be if MGS4 was released and totaly owned then the next game after MGS4 comes out featuring Raiden with Snake no where to be seen people would explode more so then when they found out of Raiden's existence and role in MGS2.

Earnest

Doesn't Raiden have some disease though? We see him in MGs4 vomitting white blood in one trailer. He doesn't look too healthy if you ask me.

Judge

Earnest said:
Doesn't Raiden have some disease though? We see him in MGs4 vomitting white blood in one trailer. He doesn't look too healthy if you ask me.

Perhaps that is some strange side affect from being a cyborg. Or perhaps when became a cyborg he lost some important body part that could not be replaced with machines.

I might sound like a noob when I say this not sure but do we know what causes raiden to become a cyborg?

Earnest

I don't, it may have been announced. Another thing I dont understand is why is Vamp in this game? I mean, what's in it for him to serve under Liquid?

Judge

Earnest said:
I don't, it may have been announced. Another thing I dont understand is why is Vamp in this game? I mean, what's in it for him to serve under Liquid?

Maybe he is a sub. lol

Judge

OP: I found a better reason.

Kojima said:
After completing work on the first Metal Gear Solid we conducted a survey by gathering a group of women that don't normally buy games.
So based on the results of this survey, we intended to begin planning for the next game.
A number of junior high school girls participated, but one response stood out; "I hate games about stupid old men!" "They're so worthless!" "I can't stand them!"
Asked if she would buy a game like MGS she wrote "No way would I buy this stupid sort of game!"
The team became very depressed.
Character artist Shinkawa and I asked ourselves what we could do to fix this problem.
So with the users in mind we came up with the new lead character "Raiden."

Werbung:

Judge

Not sure why he is that concerned with the opinions of people that don't play games.

Kojima wants some jailbait. lol jk.

One of my friends saw a interview with Kojima and he said that Kojima tried to act and talk like Solid Snake. Just found that kinda funny.