Liister87

System: Wii
Release Date: December 2007 (TBC)
Multiplayer: 4
Online play: Yes, thankfully
Controllers: Wiimote, Nunchuck, Gamecube Controller, Classic controller
Rating: 9/10

ssbbrawl3da8.jpg

To say that Super Smash Brothers latest instalment looks amazing is an understatement! Nine years after the release of the original smash brothers, its easily still one of the most popular and eagerly awaited games for the wii!

Smash Brothers unique battle system was a shock to gamers all over the world when it first arrived, with a percentage meter instead of a health bar, gamers were confused, the higher the number on your percentage bar the further you will go flying if your hit, innovative or not you decide, personally I think it’s great, and just another reason why Smash Brothers is such a great fighting game, and yes, it returns in the upcoming version.

The game features many new toys to play with, and "friends" to call on to help you beat the opposition, such as a nintendog to run up the screen and block the view of the action.

There are numerous different modes of play Single player with its new "Adventure" mode called "The Subspace Emissary". The adventure mode is based around character development and is apparently more "fleshed out" then the single player mode in previous titles.

technique02070709bllc8.jpg
technique03070726alaz0.jpg

Multiplayer mode includes up to four people pitting against each other on a single wii, or connect your wii to the internet and bash the hell out of people all around the world. It was a very good move by Nintendo to take this one online, as if it wasn't I think the fans would be kicking and screaming as to why such a great game isn't online (a la "Wii Sports"), Sakurai had this to say of the online capability:

"My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that"

The newest instalment is set to have many new characters, some of the playable characters include:

Mario, Samus + ZeroSuit Samus, Fox Mcloud, Kirby, Meta Knight, Solid Snake, Link, Wario, Yoshi, Zelda and many more..

Hold the phone, Snake? I thought Smash Brothers was just about NINTENDO characters bashing the crap out of each other? Well yes, it is, but you older gamers might remember, Snake was originally a Nintendo character, think back to the late 80's, and Metal Gear 1. I think he is a great addition, and this will be the start of 3rd party characters to be used!

With an update to the classic players, and some new ones thrown into the pot, this looks to be an exceptional fight this time around, graphics have taken a step up and we finally can see the detail of Mario’s overalls, saucy!

Another great thing about this game is the ability to use different and old controllers to play the game, so for you people happier using the GameCube controller, go ahead, or for those of you brave enough to take the wiimote and turn it sideways, I salute you. The classic controller for VC games can also be used, so you have plenty of choice of how to kick your mates butt, just do it in style, for Pete’s sake!

basic04070705eqg5.jpg

Preview rating: A potential 9/10, looks to be one of the best games on the wii so far, shame it wasn't a launch title though!

Werbung:

Liister87

Just thought i'd say thanks everyone for the crit and tips, i feel the reviews/preveiws i write are now getting better and im writing them more fluently without too much thought! So thanks everyone, hope your still enjoying them!

Snoooben

Liister87 said:
Snoooben said:
Good preview. :D

But still i dont like that Snake join SSB team. XD

Seriously, i thought that was a great addition and a throwback to the good old NES times!

Was he in NES? Never seen that game. XD

But any way i still dont like it he dont look like a SSB char. XD

Liister87

Snoooben said:
Liister87 said:
Snoooben said:
Good preview. :D

But still i dont like that Snake join SSB team. XD

Seriously, i thought that was a great addition and a throwback to the good old NES times!

Was he in NES? Never seen that game. XD

But any way i still dont like it he dont look like a SSB char. XD

Sure was in NES :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_(video_game)

Zigurat

Liister87 said:
Zigurat said:
Great preview!

Thanks!! Much appreciated, what else would you have liked to have been in there? :)

Cheers!
Not that much really, maybe told about the smash bros homepage for daily updates. And it's not confirmed (to the best of my knowledge) that Smash Bros will be online yet. Add the US release date aswell since it's confirmed.

Liister87

Zigurat said:
Liister87 said:
Zigurat said:
Great preview!

Thanks!! Much appreciated, what else would you have liked to have been in there? :)

Cheers!
Not that much really, maybe told about the smash bros homepage for daily updates. And it's not confirmed (to the best of my knowledge) that Smash Bros will be online yet. Add the US release date aswell since it's confirmed.

Sorry yes i was going to put in the smash brothers homepage for daily updates, forgot about that!

Also the online play is confirmed..:)

A quote:

Even better, the game will be fully online playable in addition to featuring a robust multiplayer mode. "My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that," added Sakurai.

Zigurat

Even better, the game will be fully online playable in addition to featuring a robust multiplayer mode. "My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that," added Sakurai.

I don't trust that quote untill I see something on the homepage :p

Liister87

Zigurat said:

Even though its in most reviews around? Lol I trust it :) We'll see soon!

hockeyhero said:
nice preview, i enjoyed it.:friends:

Thanks very much! They are getting better i think, next one will be cool!

Werbung:

hockeyhero

Liister87 said:
Zigurat said:

Even though its in most reviews around? Lol I trust it :) We'll see soon!

hockeyhero said:
nice preview, i enjoyed it.:friends:

Thanks very much! They are getting better i think, next one will be cool!

i cant wait:friends: