Playing sound files in game

Rufio

You know when you're playing and someone plays a wav file or something to use a movie line or things like that.

Do you need a special program or can you do that with the general tools windows comes with?

Werbung:

DigitalSword

HLSS

tis a wee little program called HalfLifeSoundSelector...aka HLSS

Use webcrawler or google and search for HLSS and itll come right up, however configuring it can be tedious, it can also be fun if done right...

Swor|)

Hypnos

for some reason when I'm playing the .wav files like: "multi-kill", "ultra-kill", and "one and only" don't play. Can anyone tell me why? I'm sure that they used to play. I reinstalled steam about 2 weeks ago and it hasn't worked since then.

Thanks,
Hypnos

DigitalSword

music

if it stopped working after you reinstalled steam youll either ave to replace the folders for hlss into steam or do the probably easier thing and reinstall hlss entirely and then reload your sound files...

Hypnos

All righty....wtf id hlss and where to I get the install file for it? Also, once I do reinstall hlss..will connecting to the Punx server automatically reload the sounds?

hlss will not fix the server suported sounds. cant help you there

typs in hlss in any search engin and go to the home page and read. it tells you how to install, where to install, and all that. All HLSS does is anow you to play wave files via your mic output directly. instead of sending the sound to your speakers like winamp it chanels it to your mic input and broadcasts it as if your holdin your mic button down

WoRm5406

As dad can contest be careful when using them though...

Some of us that are, as Puppet states "balls to the wall" rushing are listening for footsteps.

Dad got kicked by someone the otherday because of the sounds.

Defender

Use of hlss will be discourage by kicking or 5 minute bans...I suggest you do not over use it.

It is a distraction and also contributes to lag.

Werbung: