Platformers vs. RPG's?

Ryano

So in general which do you think is better, platformers or RPG's?

And when it comes to the Wii which do you think works better?

Werbung:

kaitora

RPG's are immense... i love them... especially Final Fantasy 8 and the kingdom hearts series... it's the story and getting to know the characters... however platformers are easier to pick up, and faster to play... but i love my RPG's and i hope there is a decent on on wii soon

killman360

I like RPG's because most are open-ended, sandbox style. I hate most games that go in a straight line, and you do not get any rewards for doing anything special. RPG's vs. Platformers= RPG's is the winner!

Ryano

Its good to see some RPGer's here. I thought that when I posted this thread I would get eaten alive with "platformers, no contest".

Oh btw I'm an RPGer:)

killman360

Ryano said:
Its good to see some RPGer's here. I thought that when I posted this thread I would get eaten alive with "platformers, no contest".

Oh btw I'm an RPGer:)
AMEN to that! Long live RPG's!:dance2:

Fosforico

In rpgs the system is always the same: you fight (always in the same way), you become stronger; this way for 100 hours of play, thn you will eventually finisch. By the way you have a lot of things to discover (items characters) and the story is usually interesting. In some rpg you have a also some good enigma. Platforms are cool but after some time they become boring. My favourite rpg is Alex Kid in miracle world a 2d for sega maser system: 40 mins to beat the whole game without any cheats or secret passage.

The best thing is the action rpg (like alundra 2 for PS, legacy of kain and obviously Zelda): you have the platforms, but also a constant growing system (based on items instead than on exp) and really cool story.

lol but.. u have to buy 6 different controller, one per game!! That really is stupid!! And i thought the plastic attachement were useless...

hockeyhero

Fosforico said:
In rpgs the system is always the same: you fight (always in the same way), you become stronger; this way for 100 hours of play, thn you will eventually finisch. By the way you have a lot of things to discover (items characters) and the story is usually interesting. In some rpg you have a also some good enigma. Platforms are cool but after some time they become boring. My favourite rpg is Alex Kid in miracle world a 2d for sega maser system: 40 mins to beat the whole game without any cheats or secret passage.

The best thing is the action rpg (like alundra 2 for PS, legacy of kain and obviously Zelda): you have the platforms, but also a constant growing system (based on items instead than on exp) and really cool story.

Fosforico said:
lol but.. u have to buy 6 different controller, one per game!! That really is stupid!! And i thought the plastic attachement were useless...

Fosforico please do not double post...

thank you,
hockeyhero..:friends:

Kirby

Platformers seem to work better in my opinion. The one-step battle action in RPGs don't have many controls to them so there's not much to do with the remote.

Unless you give action commands to battle moves in RPGs, then that puts new potential into the game.

Kirby

Platformers always seemed to hold my interest more because of the nice flow of action.

The only RPG's that I really liked are Paper Mario games (Super Paper Mario is a platformer, but the prequels were really fun) and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. The action commands and fast battle sequences got me hooked! :)

Edit: Sorry about this looking like a double post, I kinda forgot I already posted my opinion, sorry!

Werbung: