Nintendo, eat your heart out

jesta

float.jpg
2_0prod5.jpg

"Yeah the Wii is pretty neat with those wireless, motion-sensing controllers, but those Wii remotes seem absolutely primative compared to video game controllers that can read your mind.

According to the Associated Press, Neurosky, a San Jose-based technology firm is working on game controllers that react to brain wave activity. Games can be designed to react differently to different levels of a player’s concentration, relaxation and anxiety.

Another California firm, Emotive, is working on a headset that reads brainwaves indicating smiles, blinks, laughter, even conscious thoughts and unconscious emotions. “It fulfills the fantasy of telekinesis,†Tan Le, co-founder and president of San Francisco-based Emotiv told the Associated Press." Full link

emotiv and video, watch someone build Stonehenge... With their mind!
NeuroSky

Could this be the future of gaming?

I, at least, think it's a step in the right direction.

Werbung:

Khrysos

I dont think it will work...

If it does though, it will be so AWSOME !
Just imagine the possibilities and even further upgrades by other companies...

wayne-kerr

This wont work man, its too complex, working on your brain waves would be tooo serious for gaming, its defying the point of gaming, it becomes almost reality then. I think it would be good but a bit stupid. Doesnt anyone else agree with me?

Khrysos

wayne-kerr said:
This wont work man, its too complex, working on your brain waves would be tooo serious for gaming, its defying the point of gaming, it becomes almost reality then. I think it would be good but a bit stupid. Doesnt anyone else agree with me?

I dont think it will work either !

About it being to serious i dont agree...
We all live in a virtuel world so how can it be less virtuel?
It may be a bit deep but I wont agree to it being less gaming

wayne-kerr

Well it would really, how would it work on all games, it couldnt? And i dunno theres just something about it, Wii is revolutionary, but this would just raise a few eyebrows, although it would sell massively(if priced right).

Khrysos

wayne-kerr said:
Well it would really, how would it work on all games, it couldnt? And i dunno theres just something about it, Wii is revolutionary, but this would just raise a few eyebrows, although it would sell massively(if priced right).

What do you mean?

wayne-kerr

I mean it would be less gaming and i can only see this ''brain wave'' thingy only working on a few games like fighting games, what about sports games and driving games? :S

Khrysos

wayne-kerr said:
I mean it would be less gaming
Well, as i wrote earlier i cant agree to that.

wayne-kerr said:
I can only see this ''brain wave'' thingy only working on a few games like fighting games, what about sports games and driving games? :S
Well if the fighting games are good i think it is still worth it

TimpZ

there's already some games for people that cant move, they play tetris or pacman with telekinesis headsets :). i saw 1 guy that could write ´text and use the mouse button with his thoughts. Supercool.

jesta

Did you watch the video? I figured if someone can lift, control and place a virtual stone, only by using the power of their mind, almost any game would be possible. Obviously not right now, but soon!
The guy also talks about being able to use the headset with already available games, he uses the example 'Harry Potter'. "Harry can lift things just by the user thinking lift, and shoot people with his wand by thinking push".
They have been in development for 3 years and hope to release something next year!

Khrysos

They hope to release something
Maybe they will release something but i think "gaming" with this kind of technology is far away.

And yes i did watch the movie

Werbung: