.:|LrK|:. SJ

Does SJ's car sound like a waste of money?

• yes - way too much money for a hyundai

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • well at least you did did something acknowlegable to the engine.

• no - money has no value when its well spent!

• Total voters

Mom's Son

Hey dilla that wasn't a good enough defintion. Let me summarize ricer for ya. I have also seen all those rice pic I just couldn't post them all.

Ricer - is someone who likes the shit and, does the shit. Cause it looks pretty.

Rice Car - A car that has parts on it that has no sole purpose for the performance of the vehicle. for example, if you have a body kit and, not a aero kit. It is rice.

I am sorda confused. You were into the import scene right? Why do you not know this stuff? If you weren't cruising with the b16 civics the whole time instead of the spoon civics and, the ITR's. How do you know what a real import scene is? I have been part of the import scene for a little over a year. I have been around 1200+ HP supras. I have seen civics that pwn vipers and, 1000cc bikes. Seriously I've been around cars enough to say I know my part in this stuff. I know exactly what a ricer is. NC import scene is not that great. We have here in Florida; Miami, Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville. Florida is one of the biggest import leading states. I'm not going to lie I myself liked these cars before. Till I spent time around these guys and, now I look at it with disgust. I am not saying none of it isn't hott. But, it is what it is. Rice is Rice. If you have a 400 hp car and, think it's fast. You gotta be shitting me. Not am not bashing your car. It may look hot but, Rice is what rice is. If you think Fast and, the furious is your fav import movie you should be smacked.

P.S.- That 1997 Civic Si is Ungodly Rice. Your $5,000 car doesn't look like it's a $400,000 lambo. Those rims are hideous.

Werbung:

Mom's Son

Go to these places and, read up!

http://www.floridadrift.com/
and,
http://www.tamparacing.com/

^ I learn lots of stuff here and, on the street.

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/index.php
and,
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/index.php
^ You can find alot of cool stuff and, info for your Shark SJ.

http://www.to4r.com/
^ I can't wait to get on of these babys.

SJsniperjoe

I know about hyudaiperformance.com, and im already a member at newtiburon.com, I'm also a member of www.elantraxd.com because im tuning Ladys car too, Her mom says I cant touch the engine or anything clost to voiding the warranty. So not much is done, but this summer she's getting 17"x7" wheels, H&R springs, SR Strut bars (front and rear), front lip and the K-spec spoiler.

Look I know the fine line between rice and performance, Hyundai does not have alot of available products out for it now, so what i have done to my car is pretty rare in my part of town. THere was a Veilside Tiburon guy here before but he totalled his car, I bought his suspension off him, his hood, and his headers. Im not rice. And STOP turning my introduction POST into A FLAME post, lol. Bring it to Off topic. To me the definition of Rice is, A car that runs off of rice, an Azian car. Thats why I thought it might possibly be offensive. It is a car that looks the part but doesnt fill its own shoes. My car however was hyundai's first attempt at making a sports car in its time, thus its a two-door coupe. Its sporty! It was probably one of there faster cars at the time and had the most potential. I feel that by even replacing the tires or suspension, or the exhaust/ and intake (done correctly) I have taken myself out of the field of ricyness. so the body kit represents something ricey? I dont think so. In fact, now that I think about it, what did you say was looking ricey about my car in the first place? WOAH wait a minute.. you think making the car look good is ricey? You think I should have just made my car a "sleeper"?

mom

lol

dont mind him. hes just mad cause he doesnt have a car :-p

your car isnt ricey if what you do to it has a purpose. like a "body kit" to me isnt useful. now a "aero kit" on the other hand actually has use. from what i understand it helps with aerodynamics n such. and no rice doesnt mean that an asian kid is driving the car. from what you posted the tail lights and the neon lights are what qualify as rice. but hey this is just my opinion. i know a million little kids in florida who would worship a car with those. but like i said if that is what makes you happy dude more power to you. but wouldnt u rather waste your money on something that would make your car faster as opposed to makin it look nice. just me but id like a 11 sec. car before one that wins import tuner. all in all a car is a man's prized posession. a hobby is an awsome thing and cars do fall in that category. much love to those who help the car scene. whether rice or stock (sleeper).

Animal Mother

well dude you don't want your car to look like a piece of shit either. I mean sure you got an 11 sec car , but your doors are falling off and your paint is chippin- thats not kool :?

You want to have a fast car, and you want it to look nice- atleast thats what i think

Mom's Son

SJsniperjoe said:
so the body kit represents something ricey? I dont think so. In fact, now that I think about it, what did you say was looking ricey about my car in the first place? WOAH wait a minute.. you think making the car look good is ricey? You think I should have just made my car a "sleeper"?

Like we said unless it is called a aero kit. It has nothing to do with the performance of the car. 98% of all body kits weigh down a car, and, the turn your car into a parachute. Aero kits are made to allow the car allow better air flow with out making you feel heavy. They also increase lap times and, drag times by split seconds. It is worth the investment. To me and, mom body kits aren't worth the investment. I think you should look up the "real" JDM. Japanese Domestic Market. Listen correctly your kit looks sick "yes" The rear could do without. But, it is rice. Your hood is original my friend Jay he is also known by JDM has the same Hood. he has a 03'. That is one hod that most Sharks have.

o7v82a.jpg

Dude like mom said your car is your hobbie. I wish you luck, I just wanted you to know that some people don't laugh bro. I see it all the time. There are alot of noobs out here in Kissimee that would worship your car. You can make your car look good, just try to go for JDM look. Like carbon fiber lips and, stuff like that. Your car would be a awesome sleeper if you do it the right way. Jay pwned gt's all the time. All he had was a intake lmao... He also had sticktron. Cross 'tween auto and, manual. And, no super chargers to me aren't worth the investment. I personally think it is only for low end power. Turbos really fuck people up. But, like I said dude enjoy your car. Sorry if I sounded like I was flaming you. I really just wanted to let you know. I coulda Pm'd you lol... But, good luck. Maybe this advice will help you in the future. BTW how old are you? :wink:

Animal Mother

Mom's Son said:
And, no super chargers to me aren't worth the investment. I personally think it is only for low end power. Turbos really fuck people up

I think Turbos are awesome man, because they can give you like a 30-40% increase in power, without significantly increasing the cars weight. But then again different people have different opinions :D

PS. Check this out , they got some hardcore ricers there
http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1129710852/Tuned_Cars_Accidents_Compilation

SJsniperjoe

I am 20 as of now, 21 in may. I only spent about $4300 on my car. Wow, that actually seems like alot, lol. I never really counted it up before. But it could have been more... If I bought some bigger brand names such as Injen or payed full price for the suspension, the headers, and the CF hood. those alone would have mounted to $1770 brand new. I payed 400$ for them used :D

http://www.body-kit.com/hyutib01cuda.html
Thats exactly what my car looks like but dark blue, lowered, and a CF hood, and the stock spoiler.

DiLLa

Mom's Son said:
Ricer - is someone who likes the shit and, does the shit. Cause it looks pretty.
what is shit?? the cars?
Mom's Son said:
Rice Car - A car that has parts on it that has no sole purpose for the performance of the vehicle. for example, if you have a body kit and, not a aero kit. It is rice.
Its not all about performance. I take it you never saw import tuner editions that were about all show

Mom's Son said:
I am sorda confused. You were into the import scene right? Why do you not know this stuff? If you weren't cruising with the b16 civics the whole time instead of the spoon civics and, the ITR's. How do you know what a real import scene is? I have been part of the import scene for a little over a year. I have been around 1200+ HP supras. I have seen civics that pwn vipers and, 1000cc bikes.

You sound a little on the snobby side to me.. what the fuck makes you car god? Import scene here isnt HUGE like down south but just because you were around it doesnt mean you know your shit. What have YOU done hands on? I have done engine swaps the day before NOPI atlanta to go down ballin. Been to NOPI every year since it started..and you were probably still suckn a bottle so dont give me that I been around enuff cars garbage, and just for the record i didnt hang around b16 civics bc people i hung around didnt spend more money on a car then its worth. Try turbo and supercharged M3's, wrx's 2.5's impreza's, sti's and Audi S4's. GS-T eclipses and those willing to fork enuff in a gsx to make it really fast. I was a turbo guy not much for N/A cars unless it was a engine swappd civic with a type-r motor. Who are you to judge what is good and bad and what some1 knows. You dont know me or where I am from so back the fuck up pls k thnx. Some people dont have the money to make those 10 sec cars. And just cause they want there car to look nice doesnt make them a "ricer"
once again a "ricer" is some1 that just puts random shit on there car like they drive a mustang with a type r badge on the side of it. gg

The term you use is bias. not EVERYONE uses it with that definition you use. If they did why isnt it in import tuner books.. why dont those guys call us ricers??

Mom's Son

DiLLa said:
Mom's Son said:
what is shit?? the cars?
Mom's Son said:
Its not all about performance. I take it you never saw import tuner editions that were about all show

Mom's Son said:
I am sorda confused. You were into the import scene right? Why do you not know this stuff? If you weren't cruising with the b16 civics the whole time instead of the spoon civics and, the ITR's. How do you know what a real import scene is? I have been part of the import scene for a little over a year. I have been around 1200+ HP supras. I have seen civics that pwn vipers and, 1000cc bikes.

You sound a little on the snobby side to me.. what the fuck makes you car god? Import scene here isnt HUGE like down south but just because you were around it doesnt mean you know your shit. What have YOU done hands on? I have done engine swaps the day before NOPI atlanta to go down ballin. Been to NOPI every year since it started..and you were probably still suckn a bottle so dont give me that I been around enuff cars garbage, and just for the record i didnt hang around b16 civics bc people i hung around didnt spend more money on a car then its worth. Try turbo and supercharged M3's, wrx's 2.5's impreza's, sti's and Audi S4's. GS-T eclipses and those willing to fork enuff in a gsx to make it really fast. I was a turbo guy not much for N/A cars unless it was a engine swappd civic with a type-r motor. Who are you to judge what is good and bad and what some1 knows. You dont know me or where I am from so back the fuck up pls k thnx. Some people dont have the money to make those 10 sec cars. And just cause they want there car to look nice doesnt make them a "ricer"
once again a "ricer" is some1 that just puts random shit on there car like they drive a mustang with a type r badge on the side of it. gg

The term you use is bias. not EVERYONE uses it with that definition you use. If they did why isnt it in import tuner books.. why dont those guys call us ricers??

Oki dude lmao... :roll: I have been around plenty of cars. Don't get your panty's in a bunch dilla you loser lol... GoD!!!!! I still hold my stand... a ricer is a ricer. I told you what one is and, you don't want to listen. Ricer is a new term and, has been used in Sport Compact, Turbo Tuner Mags etc. Just have to read it instead of flipping to see the pictures to see what cars "LOOK" hott. Yes, down here everyone knows what a ricer is. Some people chose to be that way. It is their own preference. No ricer doesn't always mean it is something tha has a Type R badge on it. OMG...:roll: !!! Just come over to Florida and, let him hang out with us at the corner with all the other people. Watch the response all the ricers get when the drive by trying to peel out and, burn rubber. You may have seen NOPI's... big shit. But, I have seen cars that are of that caliber and, more. Yes, I have been around engine swaps KA's and, SR's which are for drifting purposes. I myself have been around "turbo and supercharged M3's, Supra's, Skylines, RX-7's, Civics, Miata's, Rx-8's, Mr-2 Mk2's, Chasers, Evo's, Bikes, NSX's, wrx's 2.5's impreza's, sti's and Audi S4's. GS-T eclipses and those willing to fork enuff in a gsx to make it really fast." You name it I've seen it. I mean com' on dude. The import side at the corner separates themeselves from the muscle heads accross the streets. In the muscle head's opinions we are ricers cause of where the car's are from. So use the term how you want. It is a class of people. GET THAT STRAIGHT. I have nothing against you dude. I don't have to challenge your knowledge about cars. You prob do know more then me. But, doesn't mean you seen more shit then me. I'm not the "car god" but, your the "MECHANIC" who will tell SJ "ANYTHING" he needs to know. You know what I didn't say anything snobby to you at that matter. So go unplant your wedgie! Jesus christ of lauder day saints batman. I also would quote alot of stuff you put in my mouth but, I'm not going to be a asshole. :wink: Friends? Truce? :D

Mom's Son

SJsniperjoe said:
I am 20 as of now, 21 in may. I only spent about $4300 on my car. Wow, that actually seems like alot, lol. I never really counted it up before. But it could have been more... If I bought some bigger brand names such as Injen or payed full price for the suspension, the headers, and the CF hood. those alone would have mounted to $1770 brand new. I payed 400$ for them used :D

http://www.body-kit.com/hyutib01cuda.html
Thats exactly what my car looks like but dark blue, lowered, and a CF hood, and the stock spoiler.

Wow, that front actually looks like a futuristic prototype mercedes. :wink:

Werbung:

SJsniperjoe

Guys...
flamer.jpg

Way to flame my thread... I think Dillas right on the topic of whats a Ricer car. I dont typically believe a body kit is rice. I think of Rice as a cheap quick throw on accessories, like stickers, badges, or stuff thats fairly poor in taste. body kit cost alot of money if bought by the real deal companies, no ghetto/ricey person could afford that. And if they did, thats all they do. I almost didnt make my second exhuast port functional, but I liked the back end of my car the best so I had some one fabricate an idea for an exhaust. HE couldnt use two mufflers because of some fuel lines in the way.. And a few years back a v6 mustang tried to do straight pipes, but he ended up torching his car to the ground. SO I think my attempt at that keeps me away from the ricer category. If I didnt fill in that second exhaust port, then yea, I'd be dissapointed in myself and call myself a ricer, lol :lol: