Linux - on wii

Werbung:

badboykane

no you don't, there is an xp patch on the internet, it is an installer. You insert the Halo 2 disc and then just exit out the installer. Run the Xp patched installer and it will automatically install Halo 2 from the disc ready to play on XP.

TimpZ

i thought of something. if you install linux on the wii, does that mean you can play linux compatible pc games on the wii?

badboykane

TimpZ said:
i thought of something. if you install linux on the wii, does that mean you can play linux compatible pc games on the wii?

No because firstly there will be no room on the Wii for installing linux, it will have to run from disc and even if it did actually install on the Wii there would be no room for a game to install.

Second, it wouldn't work because the minimum requirements for a game for example would be pentium 4, 1ghz, 512mb ram etc and since the Wii don't have this the game would not run.

TimpZ

okay. so there's absolutly no point at all in this. just to see what the wii can do and how versatible is really is... might be "cool" but seems really like a waste of time...

Werbung:

kaitora

bascially yes it is... if you really want to use linux i suggest a duel boot on your pc or notebook... i have a duel boot on my notebook... so i can use xp or ubuntu linux