Lag???

swiltheone

I am unsure as to what you are referring to as lag, but I will describe the one and only problem we are experiencing. My son and I have played CA with great joy for some time now. However, over the last couple of months, the game has been un-playable. After we enter the game (no problems yet) our characters will not move smoothly. They jerk around and return to the place where they started or run into corridors or walls we never intended to go. I have read all the posts on lag and followed them to the letter with NO perceivable change, good or bad. I welcome any helpful suggestions anyone may have.
We both have XP Pro service pack 3. I have the AMD Spider platform with 4GB ram and my son has an Athlon 64 X2 3600.
Remember, we have sucessfully played the game for countless hours, and to our knowledge, have made no changes to set up or game play experience from original install.

Werbung:

Love

Refer to my links located within my signature for further assistance.
If you have questions, please feel free to ask within my thread.

Roger117

Although your computer specs are fine, you could try lowering the graphics in-game. To do so, click on settings, or the button with the gears and change some or all of the options. If you do change the resolution, please note the resolution in the lobby will not change, only when you move in-game. Another thing is, if you do have blood turned on, I would suggest to turn it off as it should make the game run smoother. I'm fine without blood, it never looked real anyway. I hope this helps!

swiltheone

I am unsure as to what you are referring to as lag, but I will describe the one and only problem we are experiencing. My son and I have played CA with great joy for some time now. However, over the last couple of months, the game has been un-playable. After we enter the game (no problems yet) our characters will not move smoothly. They jerk around and return to the place where they started or run into corridors or walls we never intended to go. I have read all the posts on lag and followed them to the letter with NO perceivable change, good or bad. I welcome any helpful suggestions anyone may have.
We both have XP Pro service pack 3. I have the AMD Spider platform with 4GB ram and my son has an Athlon 64 X2 3600.
Remember, we have sucessfully played the game for countless hours, and to our knowledge, have made no changes to set up or game play experience from original install.

Please refer to the quote above wherin I indicated I had explored and implemented all suggestions located in afformentioned "links in signature". I have noted, however, that on numerous occassions "refer to links in signature" was the suggested fix for an array of user's problems. It may not be the fix-all solution as indicated.
I have extensively analysed the problem and found that the only common denomenator to my specific issue is the game itself.
1)The two PCs in use are as different as can be but provide better performance levels than required.
2)The internet connection is performing at the same level as when great gameplay was experienced.
3)No hardware or software changes have been implemented on PCs.
4)Only change to CA from initial install is automatic updates\upgrades downloaded at game startup.
If we apply the scientific method to the problem analysis, #4 stands out as the statement with highest percent probability of being the root cause. I welcome further discussion.

Werbung:

Jordan B

Hmmmmm,
I used to lag like hell (excuse my language) in Combat Arms , and take 3-4 mins to load ,
but i only had 512 mb of ram , so that was the cause. Now I have 1.5 Gb and it's running fine.
However you have stated you have 4gb of ram, so obviously this isn't your problem

I suggest you take up the problem with your ISP ( internet service provider ) .
I read a forum a little while ago about a guy who's connection kept switching ports , so just look into that.

Other than that , try reducing quality (graphics etc etc) , and if your isp has nothing, and changing quality does nothing , try reinstalling Combat Arms and reupdating etc.

You never know.

Hope This helped,
Jordan