how do i overclock my vid card?

psychonaut13

with my new vid card i'm averaging between 70 to 99 fps. it's helped greatly with my game. but i'm wondering how i can overclock it to see if it will help even further?

and yes, i know the human eye is only capable of detecting 72 fps max....

Werbung:

imported_SuXoR

Watch for tearing and artifacting if you o/c your vid. Thats how you can tell that you are overclocking too much. Random crashes to desktop may also result. Its good to add some form of supplmental cooling, as new gen vid cards run very hot.

The manufacturer of your gpu determines what software you can use to overclock tho.

Puppet

Casualty directed me to a site for my ATI card that replaces your driver with an overclocking driver. It's pretty cool. I tell it to optimize the clocking for best performance and least tearing and it has increased my fps. Cas can give you more information on the site address because I can't remember shit these days.

FYI, the fps increase allowed me to see my spray aim more accurately. My kills remain the same

MoneyShot

of the top of my head you are talking about ocfaq.com I have not seen them around. It helps to know what model of card you are intending to overclock. Be wary of computer friends, I know a few that do more harm than good.

DeathCorpse

check out the omega drivers. just google "omega drivers" they have nvidia and ati. it has integrated oc options as well as a 3d render that watches for artifacts and automatically adjusts your gpu and memory oc for you. but oc you gpu first and once thats stable then do you memory. it takes a while to do, so you have to just let it run its course. you can manually do it but I wouldnt suggest that.

Puppet

Yea, casualty turned me on to the omega drivers and they have made a real significant improvement after the tweaks.

eggs

just and fyi i havnt read all replys to this post
so if its already stated then nvm
but...
cs/cz limits fps to 100 regardless of video card
they think that everyone should be on a limited playing field as far as that goes..
its in the hard codeing of the game and netcode

MAx

:lol: my FPS
cz : 200+
css: 100+

your FPS are limited by your comp lol
For those who are stuck at 60 fps(nvidia) or 99fps(ATI),heres how to unlock your fps:
-Turn Vsync off (vid card settings)
-Type in console : fps_max 200 (or more)
-Everytime you start Cz type in console : Developer 1

RaNcid

n00blmsmk43dq.jpg
TAG!

DiLLa

developer 1 shows more fps but it doesnt actually go that high if ur refresh rate doesnt go that high

soooo if ur refreshing at 60 hz u can have 150 fps but its really only gonna go to 60 get my drift?

p.s. overclocking isnt a good idea unless ur pc is raw

Werbung:

MoneyShot

remember guys its not max FPS you worry about its min FPS. Any card can max out any game, if you are looking at a wall.

My suggestions throughout the thread is to run the source demo on the lowest graphic settings so you get your baseline max fps.