Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Planning to

• Nope

• Total voters

martinstatic

Has anyone tried to Wii softmod "Modcheap"? Here's how it claims to work:

1)Plug your Wii into a PC via a 2-way USB cable. (AKA Male-male)
2)Run Modcheap (it's an exe file) on your PC.
3)The Wii will then ask you to insert your homemade CD-R, DVD-R etc which contains your backups, emulators, movies etc.

I was going to try it but I need to get a Male-male USB cable. I'll get one today or as soon as I can, and I'll post here first. I might even video it and put it on Youtube! If anyone has tried it, post here. Much appreciated. :)

Werbung:

martinstatic

Wolfboy said:
No idea if I have Modcheap. What can we actually put on our Wii's after we mod it?

Emulators to play Gameboy Advance, SNES, NES games for a start.
And also play downloaded backup Wii and Gamecube games, although that is illeagal if you don't already own them. It should also let you play DVD's, or at least movies burned to a disc.

martinstatic

also please note: this is untested and i dont want to be blamed for harming a wii i just wanted to know if it works. please dont go and use this mod by my say alone, and check ur wii's specs like firmware etc before going ahead

badboykane

it dont work, its called wabmodcheap and doesnt use usb. You still have to open the wii and solder a parallel port into the wii and then connect to the pc via parallel:

http://dl.qj.net/Applications/pg/12/fid/13322/catid/526

people get confused between this and the RUMORED one which uses usb. the usb one was aparently made for running through a pc using linux and not windows but was later confirmed fake.

Werbung: