Halo Movie

hockeyhero

I've been searching and i found out that there is a halo movie coming in 2009

"On February 3, 2005, Creative Artists Agency confirmed that Microsoft had completed a million-dollar deal with Alex Garland to write a screenplay based on the video game series Halo, which would then be offered to studios.[3] Microsoft released Garland's completed screenplay to various Hollywood studios on June 7, 2005, looking to be paid a $10 million fee as well as the studio's agreement to adhere to guidelines set by the game's developers.[4] Microsoft also wanted the studio to seek approval over director and cast. In addition, Microsoft sought full merchandising rights for itself, a minimum $75 million budget, and company representatives' full access to the film's rough cuts in Los Angeles. Studios like Paramount, DreamWorks, Sony, and Warner Bros. did not want to surrender creative rights to the film and passed over the project.[5] A few days later, 20th Century Fox and Universal Studios entered negotiations with Microsoft to divide Halo's distribution rights. The original $10 million deal was reduced based on the studios' negative response to the exorbitant price tag. In the negotiations, Universal gained rights to release the film in North America, where Fox would distribute the film overseas. On August 22, 2005, Microsoft's deal with the studios was announced to be finalized, with summer 2009 as the target release date.[6]"

Full link.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_film
Full link #2 ........ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464037/maindetails

Werbung:

Kirby

The Wikipedia source is UNRELIABE. If anybody is to officially say that there will be a Halo movie is if Bungie themselves say so, and they haven't. There is no word on a Halo movie right now because of the lack of funding.

www.imdb.com can also confirm this.

I'm sorry Hockeyhero, but what you said here was old news. The Halo Movie is still up in the air, as said by Bungie in a recent podcast.

guyofgod

Everyone who bought halo one AND 2 would have to see the movie 7 times and buy a dvd before they would have enough fundings. I just got a magazine on it and Kirby said there was a bungie podcast on it. Trust me, there will NOT be a movie.

Werbung:

atarisrocks

game movies usually arent as good as the games

ones i like was the resident evil 1 and 2 and final fantasy 7 advent children but the others ive not been keen on