Enforcing realistic movement

Squishy-1

Hokay so in the map im planning to make i want heros to not be able to scale massive mountains in .5 seconds. i know how to stop this but it is very long and complicated and will make load time shoot through the roof so i wanted to know if anyone knowledgable in jass could give me a code to pretty much lower movement speed as the angle of movement changes, but still be able to recognize downhill from uphill without making regions please help if you can credit will be in quests section

also does anyone know of a tool where you can make cirucular regions?

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

Cookie if you don't have anything to say other than "not sure", please don't bother posting.
As for your question squishy, it is possible, but there's really no short way about it, even in JASS. Many people have been working on systems, but I don't think any have been realeased. If you want that for your map, you probably will need a JASSer with your team.

Squishy-1

i figure i can do it with 2 regions on each moound one being directly in the center and one on the outskirts of the hill and do something like
event unit enters region (start of hill)
condition unit = to movement type (walking)
Action if conditions are true then decrease movement speed (variable with an exponential decay) else if do nothing
if distance from region (center of hill) = to -1 or less (variable for 1 second ago) increase movement speed by (variable with exponential growth)

Event unit is x distance from center of hill
condition unit is (Walking)
action disable trigger (hills)

but that would make the game really laggy and probably not worth it unless you were to make a king of the hill type game

----------Edit------------

i just figured it out
unit movement type = to hover (So it doesnt go over trees and cliffs)
distance from ground = 0 from origin
event = units ride height increases from height level x (x being the height from default height level)
Condition = movement type equal to hover
Action = if conditions are true then decrease movement speed by (exponential variable) else start trigger (normal)

then do the same except opposite
trigger (normal)
event = *none*
condition = unit = to unit being manipulated by trigger
Action = set unit speed to x
(x being a variable identifying all units to be effected by this effect)

now all i need is someone to rewrite into jass

Werewulf

Cookie if you don't have anything to say other than "not sure", please don't bother posting.
As for your question squishy, it is possible, but there's really no short way about it, even in JASS. Many people have been working on systems, but I don't think any have been realeased. If you want that for your map, you probably will need a JASSer with your team.

cokemonkey, not cookie.

Undead_Lives

There's another person named cookie...sorry cokemonkey.
Anyways, you can convert it to JASS right in the trigger editor. But I suggest saving a map that's non-JASS because you can't go back.

Werbung: