Table Top Battle Games

Zergleb

Hey y'all, I'm in the middle of programming a "Game Engine" for making table top games in Warcraft 3, Although I'm familiar with Warhammer(40k and Fantasy) and somewhat with Inquisitor, I was wondering if there were some other games out there that it might be nice to know about(Plus maybe like to see) so I can make the engine easily moddable to that game.

Also I want to know what everyone here thinks about the idea, it will have a lot of tools and such, such as in game rulers so you can plan your strategy accurately, and it will be able to check if one unit is visible to another one (it will check if there is anything in the way between 2 3D points), and the camera will be adjustable by the arrow keys so you can get an accurate depiction of the 3d areas of the map. But with that aside I want to know what everyone thinks of Table Top Battle Games and if you think you would like to play table top games on battle.net.

For those of you who do not know what a table-top battle game is I'll make an attempt at describing it. In a 2-player scenario, each team has about 50 units/models(usually plastic) which they will set up on 2 opposite sides of the board(the table, which has terrain on it, usually painted plastic terrain pieces) and usually no more than 6 inches from the edge of the board. after you have set up your pieces on the board each player will take turns, First player will go through his movement phase, moving units instead of spaces like in a board game, he will move them a certain amount of inches. Such as a basic marine unit can move 12 inches per turn. Then the movement phase is followed by the first player again having his attack phase where he will choose which units on the map will attack which enemy units, if a unit dies from an attack is ussually decided by dice rolls. After this phase is done the second player will have his movement and attack phase and then back to the first player. This process continues until one player eliminates the other player.

And if anyone feels an urge to be a part of the project, just reply and tell me your skills in map making(terraining, triggering, etc.) but I hope to hear a lot of opinions on what people think of the idea.

Werbung:
Werbung: