Hello
Sniper
rotten
Foxtrot
Protect
Shut
Pass
hydrochlorothiazides

these are all perfectly innocent and polite words which get caught in the chat filter. The nexxon chat filter has gotten to the point where it actually impedes communication.

And I understand the intentions: CA's audience tends to be very young. Most people who play it seem to be around the age of 12 to very young teens. You want to have a welcoming environment. But the filter doesn't work. People know ways around the filter, and it just becomes a hassle to type.

I think the community as a whole would appreciate a less restrictive filter. I don't think anyone here would object to filtering out the F bombs and the infamous N bomb, but make no mistake: this is a game about killing people. If the word "damn" offends you, you probably should not be playing this game. It becomes very ironic where the company deems a four letter word to be despicable and not be shown, but at the same time finds it acceptable for its target audience to be shot and to see your brains quiet literally splattered all over the walls and ceiling.

Additionally, it is also hypocritical to filter out these words, but have the invoice radio commands use them (F@#$ I dont want to die).

Please reduce or completely remove the filter so that your customers can communicate easily without this unnecessary and inefficient censorship

Thank you

Werbung:

Roger117

They only are filtered because of filtered words within them:
Hello-Hell
Sniper-Nip (WTF?)
Pass-ass

They are the only ones I know about. I have no clue about the other ones.

MooCowMan

There's downloadable mods that turn off the chat filter, I think it only works for you though.. so its kinda pointless. I just add an extra space in spots a need to and I get the word across =P

Seawied

They only are filtered because of filtered words within them:
Hello-Hell
Sniper-Nip (WTF?)
Pass-ass

They are the only ones I know about. I have no clue about the other ones.

Nip was a racial term used against the Japanese in WWII

However, most people aren't aware of this term these days and blocking it from all words just gives it power.

There are numerous other ones out there. Wanker, several references to both the male and female genitalia to name a few. If I call someone a sneaky little wank and they get offended, chances are they aren't mature enough to be playing a game where the soul purpose is to kill other people.

Additionally this filter creates counter racism by not filtering out racial terms used against white people (I believe cracker, yank, limey, pomey and various other ones are not filtered).

The best way to solve this is to just drop the filter.

As to downloading the personal filter remover: thats very risky ice. Third party downloads carry the risk of trojan horses, and being detected as a hack. This is an issue that nexxon needs to address as a company to improve the quality product they are releasing. Additionally: I want my fellow fraggers to understand what I am saying, not just me being able to understand everyone else

Seawied

the censor blots out the word "rot" for something. In other words it is deemed inappropriate to say things like "I have rotten luck" or "that was rotten of me"

MMMonster

I just made a forum on this oh well i agree the chat filter is unresponsive blocking these innocent words only because the system reads letters that form a curse word either get a different and BETTER chat filter or just dump the entire thing.

funnydeaths=]

i KNOW RITE?

Hell ya! ITs retarted when u send radio messages or shoot ur team member u hear F**K I DONT WANNA DIE, or: (for girls) O SH**T i DONT WANNA DIE! And u cant even type the word @ss. :mad:

funnydeaths=]

I may be wrong

Alright...Alright I still agree with what I said but still man there are many ways to trick this filter like: by using ! for "I"s, @ for 'a' , 4for A and 0 for o.

ooh~ my fave way to type in HELL IS BY TYPING IN "I" for the Ls. ex.heII

HEEHEE

Seawied

Hell ya! ITs retarted when u send radio messages or shoot ur team member u hear F**K I DONT WANNA DIE, or: (for girls) O SH**T i DONT WANNA DIE! And u cant even type the word @ss. :mad:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the irony in that.

But what it really boils down to is that this game should not be patronizing 10 year olds parents who are afraid they might pick up a naughty word off the internet. This is a violent game. If you play this game, you should be mature enough to either A) Not be offended by a cuss word, or B) Not be influenced by a stranger using a cuss word.

The best online games encourage communication between players, but the current filter just throws a wrench in talk between people.

PIEDEATH

isnt there a glitch that people do if they want to cuss? like hold down Ctrl and backspace or something? Whatever it is nexon should fix it XD

E

Elite SEAL

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the irony in that.

But what it really boils down to is that this game should not be patronizing 10 year olds parents who are afraid they might pick up a naughty word off the internet. This is a violent game. If you play this game, you should be mature enough to either A) Not be offended by a cuss word, or B) Not be influenced by a stranger using a cuss word.

The best online games encourage communication between players, but the current filter just throws a wrench in talk between people.

EXACTLY!! It says in Nexon's rule thigie that you must be at least 13 to play this...so if they are doing an online FPS game that is more for serious gamers, then they probably have played Call of Duty and stuff, and therefore have heard language.

yes, you can't talk without messing up your letters. Like -when my team is using teamwork, and saying on the team chat -

"SNIPER IN THE TOWER!!" It actually comes out as "S***ER IN THE TOWER!!"

then your teammate dies because they can't read wtf "S***ER" means.

I think that if they are gonna have a filter, that it shouldn't be programed to filter cuss words no matter what context they are in.

Thanks Nexon, you really help;)

Werbung:

RussianSniper

Well, somewhere in the settings of CA, it has curse filter, but its always set to 'on', but i have a guess that it can be set off, anyone know how?