DotA - your opinions

MeTaL GuArD

I took the whole game over because the previous maker(Zekareisoujin) haven't spoke up for over a year now, and i loved the map even if it was imbalanced. So i had to begin with version 3.0 of the map which had 49 heroes, and alot of items. And some spells are ripped off DotA with a twist (Mountain Guardian's ultimate is just Epicenter with removed channeling in the beginning and with buffed stats). And i'm planning on posting the map in a different thread soon.

On topic - the new hero(Clockwerk) added in 6.53 is just plain overpowered early to mid game. Battery Charge's ministun is just absurd. I like how flare is global though, it's like Invoker's Sunblast(or however it's called, i never play him). Actually, the hero has well known abilites from other characters twisted up (Battery - Eclipse, Cog - Sprout, Flare - Sunblast, and his ultimate is obviously Meathook reversed). Though the hero gets pretty weak without at least cuirass and radiance lategame. Nonetheless he's really fun to use, i begun practising with him recently alot.

Werbung:

MeTaL GuArD

A few days back i've finished and released a video based around Pudge. It shows most of the best hooks i've performed. What i hate about it is the fact that there are some strange bugs from time to time that distract a bit and the sound quality had to drop to outrageous levels.

MeTaL Pudge Compilation

Shardshifter

Well, when the dota concept was new, I liked playing it a bit now and then, but never got sucked into it. I never really understood how a single wc3 custom map could become so popular as it is today. Since I hardly play custom maps anymore it took a while before I actually tested the "real" Dota map and even though I must admit it has to be the most flawless custom map out there, I still can’t understand how it can keep people entertained for weeks of constant playing. Then again, I never really understood how people could play Counterstrike for years either :)

MeTaL GuArD

I think it's the variety of heroes. I think i said it somewhere back(maybe not on those forums, i get mixed up easily), but having 90 heroes, each with an unique skillset and it's own strategy makes up for a very long-lasting entertainment.

Shole

I am not a dota fan because I don't like to play it and its putting Warcraft III behind it. Like a lot of people don't call it warcraft III they call it dota :S I hate that

Hexort

Finally a thread in a gaming forum about Dota! I love playing Medusa.
Build:
1. Power Treads
2. Linken Sphere
3. Manta Style
4. Satanic
5. Butterfly
6. Divine Rapier

I think Medusa is almost unbeatable in late game with her mana shield! Best hero ever!

Platehead

Ahh good old days of Dota. Around half a year ago when I played, yeah, I think Medusa was the hardest late-game carry there was. Although, I'd try to include an Eye of Skadi somewhere in there. Rarely do you get a hero where all three +25 stats help tremendously, I'd really abuse that.

One of the only problems I had with Dota was that the IQ of the average pub player was around 12. I still remember, I would be running 5-0 or so, then y'know when your net DCs but somehow you still their chat? They'd call me QQ, rager, leaver, and all that... never used their brains :p

I used to like Pudge for STR, Lanaya or Meepo for AGI and Invoker for INT. Yeah, I picked all the hard guys, but I found them extremely rewarding. Especially Meepo and Invoker, where I used to get >200 APM, and it was actually useful APM :p

@Metal: Nice video dude! Is Pudge any better now or is he still just used to stomp pubs...? (he was never really played in competitive)

radascars

I started playing DotA for about five or six years ago and it was really great. I remember the map is 6.19 and many players are really great playing it so I got hook with this game until I found some players who played a lot and became friends with them. We played a lot of time moving into different places to compete different players. We acquired and learned a lot of best strategies until DotA became surprisingly popular. I kept playing this since last year and I saw the game evolved on its own. Improving every strategy and teamwork is really great in here.

DotA is one of the best custom map that has been made.

bertorelli

Good thread. I have started playing DotA about two months ago. Im really impressed what you can do with a Warcraft 3 map. Im sad that I found out DotA so late. Now many players are playing HoN or LoL (which I personally don't like)... DotA is the best.

My favourite heros are Tiny, Mirana, Pudge and Techies :)

It might be funny for you but I didn't learn all item recpies yet :D I'm working on it ^^

radascars

Good thread. I have started playing DotA about two months ago. Im really impressed what you can do with a Warcraft 3 map. Im sad that I found out DotA so late. Now many players are playing HoN or LoL (which I personally don't like)... DotA is the best.

My favourite heros are Tiny, Mirana, Pudge and Techies :)

It might be funny for you but I didn't learn all item recpies yet :D I'm working on it ^^

Its really not to late for you to play DotA as there are still many great players that continue playing it. A lot of players might just loving HoN or LoL more but DotA will never be the same as those two stand alone games.

Werbung: