DnD Calim River Food System

1ll1d4n

and the DnD battle system? For one of my projects that I dont need models/skins/tiles for, I'd like the food and battle system from that map. How would I make that?

Werbung:

1ll1d4n

Basically, like the max you can have is 12, it slowy goes down, and if it's at 0 your stats get temporarily lowered, or you lose health, or something, I forgot. You can get it raised by 1 point by eating a small food ration (cheese) and 2 points by eating a larger one (meat).

It lowers 1 point every 6 game hours. 0-2 is starving, 3-5 is very hungry, 6-8 is hungry, 9-10 is ok, and 11-12 is full. Problem is, with the dnd battle system I dled from wc3sear.ch (not a fan, just played that calim river map) It uses food cost and food provided for the AC or BAB or something.

Maximilianx

huh? well it wouldnt be a HARD system to make, but it would take time, and is this a multiplayer or single player map your making? because that would make it even harder :nuts:

but basically you should just make a dummy unit that provides 12 food
and a dummy unit that costs 1 food
then, take one away from the player every 6 game hours, and then give them one when they eat cheese or whatever
and make it so that when the number of dummy units = 0 then the hero..dies? dunno what it is that happens when they starve.

1ll1d4n

Thx, I'll try that. And it'll be single player, but I'm considering multiplayer capabilities, but no more than 4 players, cause more than that would ruin it.

Undead_Lives

You don't have to set the actual food amount up....
You could simply set the MAX food limit to 12, and lower it every 6 game hours.
Then create a trigger that says if a food limit reaches 0, do this...yada yada.
Finally, to increase it, just make "Acquire Item Cheese" Condition: Food limit <12, Action: Increase food limit by 1. For meat, you'd have to make it <11.

Squishy-1

i would (just my opinion) make 100 max food and make more variances for foods. you could even go further advance and make a favoring system that would be something like (assuming u would know how to make abilities and buffs)

player x gets a hero
if (hero (owned by) (manipulating player) is in region (entire map)) then set (variable - Meat (player x)) to random integer 1-10
and you could make it so if for some reason some one happens to like cheese more than meat buys cheese he will not only get hunger points but also a bonus based on how they like the food they ate (1 being take minor damage and 10 heal lots of life) and when i say player x since thats not available in WE just make player 1-4 or whatever i think theres a condition to match up players

if you want me to clarify ill pop in my wc3 later and get a trigger copy for u

Maximilianx

yeah i agree, setting a 100 food limit can give you a lot more possibilities food wise..:eek:k:

and oooh..i wasnt aware that you could actually change food cap/max/used in the triggers, that makes it a lot easier, you dont have to bother with making dummy units :nuts:

1ll1d4n

I'm back, thx all. A food system will bring my map(in which you play as a mercenary who wanders into a cursed forest with a cursed town which the story revolves around) really good.

1ll1d4n

I will, can you tell me a site that you can post maps bigger than 4 mb?

And also, I need a model of that innkeeper guy from Diablo, and maybe Caine, and a pie, and bread, and an apple.

Maximilianx

hehe, when it comes to models, a lot of the time people wont make em for you, so you just gotta screw with the colors on in game models, like find something bread-like in shape and make it brown..

and..why is it bigger than 4 mb? custom music or what?

Werbung:

1ll1d4n

Nope, not now anyway. The amount of trees required to make a big forest take up more room than they should, and custom models, lots and lots of custom models. To be particular, about 10 or so weapons cause you can use different weapons. Then there's the tavern/inn, then theres the mausoleum, abandoned cathedral, abandoned tower, and of course Asheron's Citadel, and I'm using the Village tileset, which is not very dungeon friendly or tavern friendly, so, lots of customs needed for all the afore mentioned places.

Then there's the unarmed Arthas skin I'm using for the Main Character, and the Arthas w/ Mage head I'm using for this swordsman named Artix. And the unmounted archmage I'm using for Arcturus the Spell Weaver, and the rly cool shandris skin I'm using for Illufia. And of course the falcon, and the landborne dragon. And the hand buffs. And the breaths. And the custom animated plants. Shall I go on?