Dark Deeds: Insurrection (working title)

imported_Anubis

Working Title
<div align="center">Evil is Back</span></div>
<div align="center">------------------------------------------------------------</div>

Storyline/LoadingScreen

Voices, loud and angry, drift up into my open window. I peer outside, and to my amazement i see half the town carrying flaming torches. Captain Bronzeworth begins to shout out aloud.

"High Priest Cavington, we have found the girl\'s body, bruised and battered from the rape. Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

From out the window of the darkwood monastery the priest cackles with exitement. "She is but only a little stepping stone in a much larger plan, foolish paladin!." And with that statement, the villagers of darkwood set alight the last religous structure in the land.

You wake up your wife and start to pack. It is not safe anymore.......

Overview
Working Title employs the same gameplay of the map Dark Deeds 6. Players start in the middle of a town and run away to start a farming community by themself. They are allied with other players but do not share there vision. At the first nightfall one of them wil become evil and can transform into their evil form. Players team up together and ally who they think is on the side of good. During day they fight the evil, but at night when evil emerges they skulk back to defense. Evil comes in many forms and is fast on its feet. Just a few of the forces of evil that have been started to implement are: Dracula, Prince of Darkness, High Cultist, Leader of the Dark Cult, The Werewolf, Half Human/Wolf. Rewards will be given to players who accumulate points throughout each game in which they can save their total at the end of a game.

Terrain Screenshots

How you can help?

Just by generally checking this thread and giving helpful input into some areas. If you have played a previous dark deeds game and want something to be included in this version. Also i will need some concept help on some of the evils special ablilities and what type of evil and game modes you would like to see included.

<span style="color:#3333FF">THANKS

Updates on Forces of Evil Coming Soon

Werbung:

ragingspeedhorn

Are you the dark deeds creator or are you just trying to rip a perfectly fine map? I see no need in a new DD since the current one is perfect in my eyes. But if you have some briliant stuff to implement then fine by me, I will follow this and see how it turns out :)

imported_Anubis

wouldnt ripping be taking the map and editing it?... this is built from scratch up and the only reason i called it dark deeds is because i would like to continue the series that weevilman left off about 2 years ago. Yes dark deeds 6 was perfect but fans of the map who had played it over and over again wanted more content.. balance of the evils (Reaper and Cultist were way overpowered). I hope to make a map similiar to the first edition of it but with more features.. game modes.. evil..

also if you wish to accuse me of ripping.. dark deeds was based off Werewolf.. which is the exact same map (different terrain but) with just only the werewolf as being evil.

ragingspeedhorn

isen't it Werewulf that is based off of Dark Deeds? Anyways calling it Dark Deeds is like people calling theyre map DotA: Outland - DotA: Super etc, trying to ride the wave of succes of another map.

I would say you should find your own name instead of just calling it Dark Deeds, but ofcourse this is just my oppinion and since I am not the big Dark Deeds fan I don't have that much knowledge about the map and it's history and fans.

Undead_Lives

Instead of Dark Deeds, you could use things like:
Sinful Fantasies
Hateful Desires
or if you like the whole "dark" thing:
Darkness Arises
Just some suggestions.

imported_Anubis

once i hit the testing phase ill probally lower it :infernal: the terrain has not been tweaked yet.. and it will happen after i get some of the evils down pat

Cronis

I've lost my CD and prolly wont be able to find or replace it for a long while to come, so I can't check out any maps or anything :( ...
Would you mind if I post some ideas? I've played DD6 for a couple months now, and there are a few things I noticed, first my opinions of the Evils...
Witchdoctor is far overpowered, some guys say its easy to kill, but they've only dealed with noobs who prolly only used blizzard, completely ignoring parasite, effective use of wd and not even the best players can hope to live.
Reaper is death to noobs and dead to pros, if someone knows the tricks, like getting his hero drunken haze, getting a sorc and efficient use of resources and time, while it would help with any evil, with reaper it could mean death, even at lvl 6 or up with 4 trees bears claw and mask, I know...
Cultist is overpowered, period, though actually if you just make him start at lvl 1 instead of 2, humans might actually stand a chance
Drac is hard to play, though once mastered can couse chaos to all, he starts around lvl 3, but thats justified.
Werewolf is death by night and dead by morning, its just how it is, and is probably the most balanced evil
Pit Lord I can't really say anything about, havent played or fought enough to know much about, though I know that even using every trick I could think of (like running into their base at the last second, decimating their economy and then heading for their farmer with a potion of speed), these two guys at the bottom of the map crushed me easy, and due to collision size, a well-placed barn on that one elevated entrance makes it so i cant even see it when I go all the way up, thus I cant attack it and they're pretty much immortal, I DID kill about 3 players before they got me, and was about lvl 5 or 6.

I have a bit more, but It's a bit too long as is, and I can't shake the feeling I've made myself look like a fool, though I always feel like that whenever I post, still...
P.S. I noticed in the Loading Screen thingie, "you wake up your wife and start to pack", does that mean you start with a wife or something? meh, couldn't help but notice.
Meh, another edit, were you looking for ideas? I guess I took that for granted... and were you going to use all the evils? It feels like my IQ drops dramatically whenever I start posting...

Shadarak

My suggestions:

- change title to something like Midnight Horrors, or even Monster Bash
- make the Werewolf more like a hero but without the inventory (so that you don't have to create multiple Master Werewolves in the World Editor)
- keep the Reaper in Ethereal form, and give him one or two damage abilities to compensate lack of physical attack, cause the Reaper would be overpowered if he had both physical and ethereal forms
- is Frankenstein going to appear in this (not the doctor, the monster)?

Just some of my suggestions. Also, I've played "Dark Deeds 6" for a long while and know the ropes of it.

Edit: I realise now that I pulled a Necromancer. Sorry about that.

Werbung: