CRT VS LCD MONITORS

deathgrip

Ordering the new comp and gonna upgrade the monitor with it. I am looking for some brain babies to help me out on deciding on whcih type of monitor to go with. I understand the refresh rate for CRT's so finding what I need or want there is not an issue but for gaming am I better off going with a new LCD?

Werbung:

Intro

Go with the LCD for your health!

Sitting that close to CRTs are gonna be the death of half my generation. We're all going to have brain tumors, I know it! Introdamus speaks! It IS a tumor! GAH!

I made the switch from CRT to flattie - I dunno, I like it.

But my whole setup is pretty shitty overall, so I obviously don't classify as a "brain baby".

:arrow:

mYth

LCD (NOT PLASMA!!!) is best way to go.......excellent rez, low power usage (for the earth-friendly freakz), and the best part, takes up WAY LESS SPACE.....oh and did i forget u could mount it anywhere u want!?

slick

CRT if u care about the image quality. LCD if u care about space , power consumption and your eyes.

Im sure you are aware of the price diference

blze

flatty all day, i have 17 inch dell, it bleeds some in-game, but you cant
tell unless you look really close for it.

inebriated

My own personal question about monitors is regular vs widescreen displays? I have a regular CRT but I was wondering if there was any benefit to widescreen LCDs. I would like to someday buy a new monitor (along with a new computer) and I've been looking at the new view sonic and samsung 4-6ms LCDs, i'm sure you know what i'm talking about but here is a link to one of them anyway: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116355

I guess I'm just looking for opinions. Thanks

Werbung:

blze

yea a 22" crt, that only takes up like 3 rooms of your house, great idea.
can i wash clothes and make cotton candy in it? how about make it a dog
house? aquarium?

the bleeding is so minimal and the res is so high on my flatty.... make
the change yo, its worth it.