Create a Tower Defense

Werbung:

Fladian

I'm afraid you'll have to be far more specific here, Haxor. Besides that you want to make a Tower Defence, we have absolutely no clue what kind of help you need.

i really wana make a co-op maul that is the exact same map of the originals of like all of the others in battle.net but i dont know how to make the towers...like the triggers, fixing attacks, etc. thats what im really asking is that specific enough :eek:k:

PiRho

Well, my suggestion is to NOT use triggers for special tower attacks. For any maps with a lot of towers and units, using triggered attacks is generally a bad idea and is guaranteed to make the game lag and run slowly.

Your best option is to become familiar with the Object Editor, specifically the Special Abilities and Buffs. You can create a wide variety of special abilities for your towers; the game engine supports such abilities directly, so you can use as many as you want without much worry about slow-down and lag.

Fudgie

I made a tower defense a while ago. I've updated it recently and stuff, so I'm still semi-familiar with it. If you need some examples on a tower I can always get you one.

Heres a pretty good tutorial (the whole site itself is pretty nice with help) that helped me with some stuff in mine: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/towerdef.php

Still, asking others can help you get a lot more specific answers when you need em. Good Luck with your TD. :eek:k:

yah thankz but i rly want to know the essentials: like how would it be more effective to make a certain tower cheap but not cheap enough to make someone win the whole game...you know what i mean? Yah its ok if you don't...i know i'm askinfg for a little too much...but i'm very eager to make a tower defense immediately :eek:k: well more of a maul...do you catch my drift?

Squishy-1

what your asking is how to balance most mauls as i have found out do not balance well as the splash races reign supreme
for prices i would try to write a algorythym to base all of your towers off of to best balance, the algorythm doesnt matter as long as it is the same however keeping the game at a reasonable difficulty is up to how powerful you make the towers and how you make the algorythm

if you dont understand what i mean quit posting in leet speak and i will clarify

jp im not mean like that what i mean is something like
standard cost = 0
100 points of range = 2 gold
1-10 damage = 10 gold
50 splash range = 10 gold
-.5 cooldown = 20 gold (standard cooldown 1.3)
1 special effect = 50 gold

base each race off a different algorythm and for easier races (newb race) make the costs lower

Undead_Lives

I don't agree on the special effect part, because you can have some races that are BASED off of special effects.
A basic balance is...well look at Wintermaul.
Ice-Slowing attack, splash, but they have a pretty long cooldown.
Poison-Slowing attack, long range, avg cooldown.
Fire-Splash, low cooldown.
Electricity-Low Cooldown.
etc.

Squishy-1

it really depends on what special effect the reason i made it so expensive is because of the stone paralyzer in wintermaul 1-10 damage really slow attack speed yet it makes targets max life 10

Mavus

Putting aside all of the other posts, I started one once and I never actually got around to finishing it. Because of the amount of triggers needed to make all the units and how to program the lives. I have some experience in the matter (not a great deal) but if you truly need help give me a PM with whatever it is you need :)

Werbung: