Computer Crashing

BlueFalcon

Ok, so here's the problem. Combat Arms was running just fine when it was released. I decided to take a break of this game. Months later, I decide to play it again, but when HackShield finishs to load, a black screen appear and then my computer restarts. I've had the same problem with Soldier Front. My brother also has the same problem. I just defragmented(dunno how to spell it) my computer, so it's impossible that it is caused by a virus. So yeah I tried to update HS manually and all this stuff, still nothing. I've tried this trick too, where you try to start up the game by right-cliking on the engine.exe and execute as the administrator.

That's what I get:

"Fail to update Protection modules! - ErrorCode0;[0000005]" or something like that.

Could you guys be of any help? Thanks in advance.

Werbung:

Roger117

So yeah I tried to update HS manually and all this stuff, still nothing.

Do you mean you went into to where CA is installed (default C:/Nexon) and then clicked on CA>HShield>HSUpdate? I did that once and then it fixed the failure to update modules error.

BlueFalcon

Yes Roger, I've tried it about 5 times, and nothing has changed.I even tried to click on "autoup" in the update folder to update the whole CA folder manually. As for the link you gave me Love, I don't think any of the problems listed look like mine. I don't think I have missed something though...well if you want more details, here are some pictures.

As you can see, it's in French, so don't try to read what's written on the left. That's what happen when I try to start the engine.exe as the administrator:
enginepg0.png

Since I couldn't take a picture of HS just before my computer crashes, I took this one instead. When I click on "Game start", the HS bar on the down-right load up and finishs, then another HS image appear in the middle of the screen. 2 secs after that, my computer crashes :
gamestartqu0.png

That's the most I could do to simply it for ya guys.

Love

Yes Roger, I've tried it about 5 times, and nothing has changed.I even tried to click on "autoup" in the update folder to update the whole CA folder manually. As for the link you gave me Love, I don't think any of the problems listed look like mine. I don't think I have missed something though...well if you want more details, here are some pictures.

As you can see, it's in French, so don't try to read what's written on the left. That's what happen when I try to start the engine.exe as the administrator:
enginepg0.png

Since I couldn't take a picture of HS just before my computer crashes, I took this one instead. When I click on "Game start", the HS bar on the down-right load up and finishs, then another HS image appear in the middle of the screen. 2 secs after that, my computer crashes :
gamestartqu0.png

That's the most I could do to simply it for ya guys.

Is Combat Arms supported in France? (Just a guess, if not there's one more possibility.)

&Edit your posts, if you're the last poster in a thread, and have additional information to add, click EDIT and post within that very same post until SOMEONE ELSE posts in that thread.
Thanks.

BlueFalcon

I don't live in France, I live in Canada. I know how to edit, I just wanted to take a screenshot before my computer crashes. Looks like it didn't work.

Love

I don't live in France, I live in Canada. I know how to edit, I just wanted to take a screenshot before my computer crashes. So I posted it for the first part, and posted again for the second part.

Well it's rather easier to click EDIT.
So now you know.
What are your specs?

Roger117

This may be because of your internet/firewall restricting access to update HShield. Try adding HSupdate to the list of exceptions on the firewall page. To do this, click on Control Panel>Windows Firewall. Once the firewall window comes up, go to the exceptions tab and add HSupdate. You do this by clicking browse and adding HSupdate. I hope this might help.

BlueFalcon

Manufacturer:INTELR
Processor:Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory:1016MB RAM
Hard Drive:80 GB
Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 6200
Monitor:?cran Plug-and-play
Sound Card:Realtek AC97 Audio
Operating System:Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp1.020828-1920)

It was working just fine months ago...Well, if you need my specs, here they are.

Roger117

Operating System:Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp1.020828-1920)

It was working just fine months ago...Well, if you need my specs, here they are.

Working a few months ago eh? The error code I got when I had the module updating problem was like [30000090]. I'm not sure if this will work, but try updating to SP2 (Service Pack 2). The service pack is also good for protection updates. I should really update to SP3.

Love

Hmm..
Try running it differently, changing the compatibility.
(Play around with it, instructions are located in my signature. Under "How to Reduce: Lag")

BlueFalcon

Working a few months ago eh? The error code I got when I had the module updating problem was like [30000090]. I'm not sure if this will work, but try updating to SP2 (Service Pack 2). The service pack is also good for protection updates. I should really update to SP3.

'90? Yeah, that's what my brother gets. Can you tell me how SP2 will affect my computer? If it doesn't hurt anyone, why not giving it a try.

Werbung: