Battalion Wars II-BWII

Ryano

whizzssiggehs9ff8.png

As you can see, this thread is for discussing the majorly under hyped game, Battalion Wars 2!

From Wiki:

Battalion Wars, originally to be titled Advance Wars: Under Fire, part of the Nintendo Wars series, is a real-time tactics game for the Nintendo GameCube.

A sequel, Battalion Wars 2 for the Wii was unveiled at the 2006 Leipzig Games Convention, and was awarded game of the year by IGN.

So it has already won game of the year by IGN!

In the original there were 4 Armies:

Western Frontier
Tundran Territories
Xylvania
Solar Empires

Then you also had Iron Legion who were a different factor...

The original game only had one mode, campaign, and while this was exciting, it was possible to complete it within a few days, although getting the highest possible ranks on each level would be a different matter. The game is colourful but it will still make you think!! Once you gained a certain rank on each of the campaign missions, you were able to replay those missions, even as the enemy

There are a multitude of different units that you can instantly switch to at any time in the game, ranging from Rifle Grunts to Solar Empire Plasma Troops to a Battlestation to a Gunship! In BWII, this will increase as you see newer Armies & more units being thrown into the fray! There are also Gun Nests which can be jumped into for some Minigun action

You can also count on a multiplayer mode and a Wi-Fi mode!

BWII Changes:

There are ships/boats!!! This is going to offer more ambush oppurtunities and more exciting missions within the Campaign mode!

There are 3 online modes:

Assault - In "Assault" one player simply defends a base while the other attempts to take/destroy the base in a time limit.

Skirmish - There is no time limit as this is better for tactical depth with both players fighting each other using the most of the new features like bases to give a more thought through attack.

Capture the Flag - Does what it says on the tin, Wi-Fi yet to be confirmed, this is for Wii to Wii games (LAN).

There is also a new playable nation, taking the numbers up to 6! They are the Angelo Isles. A huge new feature is 'bases' where you can build a HQ/Barracks/Factories/Airport/Docks which can also be captured, meaning you can produce more units.

It also seems that each nation will have their own map and specific vehicles, which should make each Country even more unique

Are you looking forward to this game?

Have you got something to say that I don't have in this gigantic thread?

Did you play or did not play the original?

Lets give this game the hype it deserves!

All information above subject to Wikipedia & IGN

image-o-matic.x

battalion-wars-2.jpg

Werbung:

Lucke189

Thanks for reminding me! I had almost forgot about this game. This was one of the games i wanted most when i bought my Wii. Wasn't it supposed to be released in Q4 2007?

Ryano

ok just added this picture and the cover posted above onto the first post

battalion-wars-2.jpg

If you have any good pics of the game then tell me and I can add em' on.

Zigurat

This game looks awsome, the first one to the gamecube was really great and this will probably be even better especially with the online play added.

kaitora

the only problem is that it will be like a game of age of empires, but where you control one of the units at the same time... could be good, but i don't like the idea of only playing one person olnine at one... it would be great MMO

Werbung: