b4 u got the wii and new wat was inside the box did u think there was a sensor bar

Werbung:

Liister87

RE: b4 u got the wii and new wat was inside the box did u think there was a sensor ba

beerbert said:
i didnt think that there was until i watched one vdeo on youtube then i finally knew

I knew there was anyway, you see it on the adverts! Haha

badboykane

The Wii doesn't have a sensor bar, its just a bar with ir leds.
It senses nothing, its the Wiimote which senses the bar to know where the tv is.

The lead connection the sensor bar to the Wii is just a power lead and sends no info at all to the Wii.

Try it, unplug your sensor bar from your Wii, stick 2 lit candles by your tv and play your Wii, it works just the same.
This is why you can get wireless sensor bars, they are not wireless in the way of sending any info to the Wii, they are just wireless as they use batteries instead of the power lead.

A way to see the IR leds is to use your digital camera or camera phone and look at the Wii sensor bar through the view finder with the Wii on, you will see in the view finder the leds light up white, now do the exact same with the end of your tv, vcr or dvd remote while pressing the buttons on it, you will see the ir led on the end of the remote light up white through the camera too. Its the same leds.

Liister87

RE: b4 u got the wii and new wat was inside the box did u think there was a sensor ba

badboykane said:
It senses nothing, its the Wiimote which senses the bar to know where the tv is.

The lead connection the sensor bar to the Wii is just a power lead and sends no info at all to the Wii.

Try it, unplug your sensor bar from your Wii, stick 2 lit candles by your tv and play your Wii, it works just the same.
This is why you can get wireless sensor bars, they are not wireless in the way of sending any info to the Wii, they are just wireless as they use batteries instead of the power lead.

A way to see the IR leds is to use your digital camera or camera phone and look at the Wii sensor bar through the view finder with the Wii on, you will see in the view finder the leds light up white, now do the exact same with the end of your tv, vcr or dvd remote while pressing the buttons on it, you will see the ir led on the end of the remote light up white through the camera too. Its the same leds.

That makes sense, i read it somewhere a while a go and reading your post makes it more understandable, the wii "sensor" bar is for the wiimote to SENSE where to put the 3D box that it senses the wiimote being in (as when you go out of the 3D virtual box the sensor sees your controller doesn't work so well).

So technically it is a SENSOR bar but not in the way it makes it look haha.

Im suprised the wiimote/sensor bar idea hasn't been used by other companies/games really, its amazing it took like 20-25 years of gaming to get it.

Ryano

Yeah as they said above, of course there was one. Also badboykeane I did that and it worked....I won a fiver as well cause my brother didn't think it would work. xD

Liister87

Ryano said:
Yeah as they said above, of course there was one. Also badboykeane I did that and it worked...[size=large].I won a fiver as well cause my brother didn't think it would work[/size]. xD

Thats quality, i must do that next time im at my mates!! Easy fiver!

Danny

badboykane said:

then why is it called sensor bar?

badboykane

Liister87 said:
Im suprised the wiimote/sensor bar idea hasn't been used by other companies/games really, its amazing it took like 20-25 years of gaming to get it.

They have, a console called Xavixport had this sort of technology about 5 years before the Wii did, the only difference the sensor was built in the console and only about 10 games released, the console was cheap but the games were expensive as all came with their own motion controller:
http://www.xavix.com/

Danny said:
then why is it called sensor bar?
Because it is sort of one, it is there for the Wiimote to sense where the tv is, without it or without any type of IR signal near the TV the Wiimote won't sense where the TV is and won't work.

Squiddy

b4 u got the wii and new wat was inside the box did u think there was a sensor bar

God, my eyes burn at the bad spelling and grammar.

Anyway - everyone knew that the Wii uses a sensor bar -it's mentioned on ONM, IGN, and unless you can't read, the Wii's box. :/

Jensa92

no i though that you should get 4 small things that you put one in each corner of the screen... which probably whould be better, because then the wiimote whould be 100% light where you aim

Werbung: