At what age will you honestly think that you may cease being a gamer?

With new and better games coming out each month I seriously doubt that people will stop playing. I know it's possible to get tired of games, but I still believe that if you have been a hardcore gamer that you won't stop. Also as jferg said games are like tv or movies to most people and I don't believe that anyone would stop watching tv or movies :)

Werbung:

Jessi

Also as jferg said games are like tv or movies to most people and I don't believe that anyone would stop watching tv or movies :)

I agree with both of you on this point. They might change favorite genres or back off during some phases of their lives when they don't have enough time, but eventually, they'll be back and loving this form of entertainment even more. Video games aren't going anywhere at this point, and neither are the gamers who are hooked on them.

cotyf

I started gaming when I was 6 with my dad. It's become such a big part of my life that I don't think I could ever stop completely. Even with age, I will always love the games I have played and when I have children I want to share the games of my childhood like my father did with me.

Ronald Ramos

I think I will start slowing down my gaming habits when the PS4 and XBOX 720 is released. I have decided that this would be the sign that would eventually stop me from gaming. It turning into a rather expensive hobby and I've got more things to think about by then. It was a great run though. Five generations of gaming is good enough for me.

I'll keep my PC though!

Epicfied

I doubt I will stop gaming any time soon. It may have its lessened times such as when I'll have a full time job or I am really busy.
The types of games may change as well and so will my habits.
I doubt it will ever truly stop for good.

ACSAPA

Maybe when I get alzheimers disease or if i am too old enough to even hold a game pad properly

Agreed, I'll always be a gamer, until I'm too old and sick to physically play games. It's weird to imagine myself as an old woman listening to trance music and playing video games.

I think old people from now on will be pretty interesting because they'll remember iPods and trance music and internet memes instead of The Great Depression and black and white movies.

Werbung:

Sugarhill

I don't really consider myself a "gamer," so I guess I would need to step into that category before I can step out of it. However, I do enjoy playing video games and reading about the different things in the industry and I think they will always make something that I would enjoy playing on a regular basis, so it's not about age as it would be availability of my type of games.