Wii Sports Nominated For Seven BAFTAs

Ryano

Nintendo up for 18 videogame awards

Wii Sports has the highest number of nominations for the British Academy Video Games Awards which are being held in London on 23 October.

The game that comes free with the Wii is up for awards in the Best Game, Casual Game, Gameplay, Innovation, Multiplayer, Sports and Strategy and Simulation categories, making it a big favourite to scoop some prizes.

Yet it doesn't stop with Wii Sports. Nintendo has been nominated for an astonishing 18 awards. As you might expect Nintendo dominate the Casual and Innovation nominations. Big Brain Academy For Wii, Cake Mania, More Brain Training and the aforementioned Wii Sports have all been nominated in the Casual category while Super Paper Mario, Trauma Center: Second Opinion join Wii Sports in Innovation.

The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess is also up for three awards in the Gameplay, Action and Adventure and Artistic Achievement categories while Elite Beat Agents has been nominated for Use Of Sound.

Finally Dr Kawashima's Brain Training - along with Wii Sports - is up for the big one: The PC World Gamers Award. This is the only award to be voted for by the public. Voting for this award will open on Wednesday 3 October and we'll have details on how you can vote for Brain Training or Wii Sports on our website.

So thats pretty good right?;)

Link

Werbung:

Ryano

Squiddy said:
Oh, cool. Wii Sports is decent but I think the awards need to go to other games on nomination time.

But which others have really shown for the Wii so far...Zelda was a bit meh and most others let alot of people down *cough* Red Steel *cough*

wiipointsmaster

wii sports is really fun i have to say, zelda and mario strikers should also get some nominations because they are like two of the best games out for wii so far.

Squiddy

Ryano said:
Squiddy said:
Oh, cool. Wii Sports is decent but I think the awards need to go to other games on nomination time.

But which others have really shown for the Wii so far...Zelda was a bit meh and most others let alot of people down *cough* Red Steel *cough*

MSCF and Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 & The Godfather and Excite Truck? :)

Ryano

wiipointsmaster said:
wii sports is really fun i have to say, zelda and mario strikers should also get some nominations because they are like two of the best games out for wii so far.

Yeah very true, but I can't believe Wii Sports got nominated more then Zelda:mega_shok:

ironmaiden6669

Yes WiiSports has had the most public attention.
It makes perfect sense that it would be the first thing that's mentioned in that regard.

I think Tenkaichi 2 deserves something.
Best fighting game I ever played.

Werbung: