why is the edit button taken away after a while?!

E

Elite SEAL

why?! I'd like it to stay for a while -cause sometimes I want to edit something -but can't and I have to make a new post and some people don't like double posting

Werbung:
I was just gonna make a thread about this.
I only get the Edit button after i make a post, then its gone!
I really want to update my Fireteam guide and like SEAL said i don't like double posting.

E

Elite SEAL

I was just gonna make a thread about this.
I only get the Edit button after i make a post, then its gone!
I really want to update my Fireteam guide and like SEAL said i don't like double posting.

yeah -I perfer to just edit. People can get ****ed if you double post (especially like Love did in the old forums lol) -so it's better.

Please change this to permanent edit so people can edit guides and mistakes. :thumbup1:

rocktrns

yeah -I prefer to just edit. People can get ****ed if you double post (especially like Love did in the old forums lol) -so it's better.

Please change this to permanent edit so people can edit guides and mistakes. :thumbup1:

The editing button was taken away by Walter.
When he sees the thread he will explain why.
Don't worry we arnt that strict we don't ban you for double posting.
If you double post just ask one of the moderators and we will handle it for you.

E

Elite SEAL

The editing button was taken away by Walter.
When he sees the thread he will explain why.
Don't worry we arnt that strict we don't ban you for double posting.
If you double post just ask one of the moderators and we will handle it for you.

right, ok

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Editing is only allowed for 15 minutes after the post.
This is standard on many forums because of many ways someone can abuse an infinite edit (you simply will have to believe me this fact, I don't post it as I don't want to give someone "good" ideas)

E

Elite SEAL

This is standard on many forums because of many ways someone can abuse an infinite edit (you simply will have to believe me this fact, I don't post it as I don't want to give someone "good" ideas)

ok, whatever.

MooCowMan

I know what you're talking about >_< I've been on a car forum for a few years now and I've seen just about every kind of forum abuse happen there lol

Perhaps we could have a compromise ?
Like pro members get the edit button or say a designated mod to make edits for those of us who make guides ?
If not, oh well it was worth a try...

rocktrns

Perhaps we could have a compromise ?
Like pro members get the edit button or say a designated mod to make edits for those of us who make guides ?
If not, oh well it was worth a try...

Well all mods can edit post.
We can moderate in any section besides the Wii Section.
The only Reason we edit other post is if there is text that break forum rules.

Not exactly what i meant was say i what to make a change to my guide, i write my text and where to put it and send a PM to a mod who makes the change.
But that's a pretty lengthy process....

Werbung:
E

Elite SEAL

I don't think it would be a bad idea to let pro members to be able to edit -after all -we must be pretty legit if we are still in these forums, and like me -I haven't gotten warned about explicit content in my posts -and I know the other pro players are fine.