1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our gamer community by registering for free here

when will wii mote get cheaper?

Discussion in 'Wii Hardware' started by blazen92, Sep 2, 2007.

1. blazen92

blazen92 Guest

man!! paying 40 bux for an extra wiimote is killin me.

2. Becky

Becky New Member

Unfortunately, because the Wii is still selling so well it's unlikely that accessory prices will drop very soon.

Wii Play comes with a remote I believe, if you're interested. Alternatively, wait for a third-party wiimote to come on the market.

3. Gdog

Gdog New Member

i wouldnt buy a third party wiimote. i will just wait a couple of years for the price to drop :)

4. Becky

Becky New Member

Is that because you find the quality of third-party accesories inferior, or do you just prefer to buy original accessories on principle?

I bought an RGB scart cable yesterday. I could have got it cheaper as a third-party brand, but felt more comfortable sticking with the Nintendo one. Thought the quality might be better.

You can get good third-party stuff, but it can be a bit of a hit-and-miss affair. I can understand that people wouldn't want to take that chance and waste their money if it doesn't work out.

5. Gdog

Gdog New Member

The third party stuff is ok for games, but I wouldnt trust them with accesories...

6. hockeyhero

hockeyhero New Member

well as becky said before you can buy a 3rd party wiimote....actually i've made a thread that logitec has announced that they maybe will release a 3rd party wiimote so that might be a little cheaper than the actul wiimote

7. Gdog

Gdog New Member

logitec makes pretty good controllers, but they shouldnt be too cheap, otherwise I would doubt its quality

8. hockeyhero

hockeyhero New Member

well since it's third party i bet it'll be a little cheaper than the wiimote because if it's the same price or something then people would rather get wiimote since it's made from nintendo....

9. kaitora

kaitora New Member

saying that i haven't heard anything good about the nintendo wi fi USB stick thing... i've heard it interferes with speakers and isn't always compatible

10. killman360

killman360 Active Member

I have a feeling that if logitech does make a wiimote, they will have a hard time adapting to it thier first time.

11. Ryano

Ryano New Member

Just get Wii Play, you get a crappy game with your wiimote....xD

12. morey

morey New Member

i guess none of the accessories will get any cheaper untill after christmas because of the shortage from last christmas this will be the christmas that people will be buying and nintendo know this

13. ben209

ben209 New Member

I have heard that the bit inside the wiimote that allows the movement sensors anly costs $5 to produce. Obviously it cost a lot more to develop, but once the 'widget' (for want of a better phrase) is produced by a third party, surely the cost of remotes will come down.

14. Becky

Becky New Member

Depends how much Nintendo charge as a licensing fee to utilise their technology. That will be factored into the price of any third-party device on top of actual manufacturing costs and profit margins.

15. kaitora

kaitora New Member

well said... there are lots of bits and bobs in the wii mote, and if other manufacturers decide to replicate the wii mote they will face a law suit, so they need nintendo's permission in order to make a replica wii mote...