Thinking about getting a 128 MB graphics card........

Agent Mulder

I don't know what kind. I find the 256's to be too much money, and well, my current card sucks the big one. So, my question is, which one do you guys think is the best, and what settings should I be able to run Source (thinking of getting that too) on? Thanks everyone.

Werbung:

imported_SuXoR

Good calls Cas. I would personally go with the Nvidia card. I currently have an old 9600xt and I hate the catalyst driver system. Nvidia unified is the way to go. IMHO

*edit

If you're into it, in general, nvidia also has better dvd playback quality than ati

DiLLa

at best buy u can get an ati 9800 pro 128mb for 200...

but some good searching u should b able to find it in your price range...this card is agp...o and one other thing you said you wanted it for source so i have one othe question for you...can u put ur pc specs up? bc just a new vid card isnt gonna make source worth while

i have a 2.1 ghz proc(amd athlon 2600)
1 gig ram
ati 9800 pro vid card
asus mobo

and i still get laggy as hell in source i fukn hate that game..just because its so resource intensive...im geting a new pc !!!

mYth

Ok in the vid card realm, a GeForce 5200 w/256 Mb will play both Source and BF2, just not at a great rez or detail, so try the 6600 or 6800 series for AGP.....btw ATI sux the camels ballz!

Casualty

negative ati does not suck, i use a 9800 pro and i rock the fps, however i do use omega drivers which are extremly easy to use and install...

dont let these fans boys disuade you....

but on a side note between the too cards i linked i would take the nvidea also, but i already said if it was me i would wait a month and save another 50-100 bucks and make it a worth while investment

Werbung: