The Great Troll War Mod

TerranUp16

First off, for those of you who do now know what GTW is:

GTW stands for the Great Troll War Mod. The mod will have 8 totally new factions, 2 new campaigns, as well as fully functional (that's right, not just LAN) multiplayer and singleplayer.

The mod is not just, however, about new factions and campaigns. Rather, the mod will also introduce numerous combat systems (such as physics, accuracy, evasion, shield bonuses, backstab, the ability to crawl and much more!), a new resource system (goodbye gold mines and lumber, who needed them anyways?), and will also implement another revolutionary system (to be revealed at a later date), and hundreds of other seemingly minor tweaks to WCIII's gameplay. These will all essentially "modernize" WCIII (basically, by making it more realistic), and will massively increase the depth.

We now have a new class of GTW team members: freelancers.

What is a freelancer?

A freelancer is a new class that we've created. Freelancers are between consultants and core team members. Freelancers will be able to choose from a large list of things related to what they do. So, for instance, if you were a modeler, you would look at a large list of models that need to get done, and choose one you like. You'd then work on the model with what spare time you have. Freelancers will have long periods of time to complete their work (2-4 weeks), and they choose their work. Basically, what they want to do, when they want to do it.

Pros:
-Get to choose what to work on
-Get to choose when to work on

Cons:
-Listed as consultants (and will appear as such in the credits)
-Work likely to be edited by core team members

Freelancers may be called upon to perform specific tasks for the team (ones they do not choose), but a very generous amount of time will be given for such assignments. Freelancers also must still confine to the descriptions set forth for their work (but that's kind of a given anyways). Their work is also at a higher risk to be edited by core members (skins will always be edited by a core team member to ensure that each faction has its own specific style; basically, we have skinners who will be the "last word" for skins on their assigned faction).

We are currently looking for freelancers in the following categories:

Modeling, Skinning, Animating, Spell Creation, JASS, Terrain, and Art.

If you're interested, please send me an e-mail with a quality example of your work (TerranUp16@hotmail.com).

We're also still looking for some more core team Modelers, Skinners, Animators and JASSers.

Benefits of being on the core team include:
-Being listed as a team member (in the credits as well; for those of you doing this to try to make a name for yourself, this is definitely the way to go)
-Getting to work more closely with the mod, and having greater say in what happens with it
-Receiving a steady, but not overwhelming, flow of fun work
-Core team members will have the ability to, without permission from the creators (but they will need permission from me) edit anything created by freelancers
-Core team members will also get first choice of certain things

Werbung:

TerranUp16

My impression was that Wulf was simply moving from a core team member to a "freelance" member, mainly b/c she likes to choose what to do rather than be told what to do.

Btw, R0khan has gotten a little more mild, and a little more mature.

Werewulf

he wont off my WC3 CDKey, he wont dam answer to get off..
argh..
and i said i left, doesnt mean iv gone to freelance, i already was a freelancer.

TerranUp16

I must have missed that part Wulf. Btw, why did you give R0k your CD key? And I also heard he gave it back anyways... Perhaps an e-mail in your inbox which you've neglected to check?

Werewulf

what email?
and rokhan hasnt given it back, hes on it now!
and hes ignoring me!
i gave it to him cuz he was in europe or somethin and he didnt have hes so i let him use mine until he got back.

TerranUp16

So... I'm still a little confused. You know your CD key, no? If R0k is back from Europe (which he is), then he's probably not still using it... So what's stopping you...?

TerranUp16

Uhm, perhaps you should enlighten me then, but perhaps I am not the one who does not get it...

R0k hasn't even been on Bnet in awhile, nor have I. Neither of us can bring ourselves to once again play WCIII, when we know what GTW will be like. A glimpse of what GTW is truely like, and one cannot look back, for WCIII seems so... obsolete I suppose.

TerranUp16

It would be rather tough for him to log onto Lordaeron right now, b/c I know for a fact that he has the current version of our GTW mpq installed in place of the WCIII mpq.

Werbung: