Realistic Spell Ideas

Fladian

In opposite of the other spell idea thread, this thread won't live as long, if it will live at all. As people know, I am working on a project as well, but unfortunately, I am not as creative as I used to be. Though thinking of some random spells is nothing really hard, though most 'easy' ones has already been done. Now I am asking, think of spell that would be realistic.

Examples of such spells can be like the Command aura. Giving it to a 'Commanding' unit, and stating that they boost the morale of the characters around them. Critical Strike, Evasion and Bash would be good examples as well. Shockwave just might get through as well, because many different theories can be given on how to use it. Storm Bolt or a little modified War Stomp are very logical as well, and are probably used.
Vampiric Aura would not be realistic. I can't imagine seeing someone hit each other, and healing his own wounds with it. There is no logical explanation for it. Frost Nova, Chaining Lightning and Holy Light are the opposites. Most magic spells are easily dismissed in other words, because there is no logical way of doing them, which I am searching for... which is quite hard, because I ran out of ideas a long time ago.

Before anyone asks, yes, there are Wizards/Mages in there, but most (playable) characters are normal soldiers that just don't use magic. And if they do, then it are simple magic spells, not a giant Chain Lightning or summon a demon. Those spells are left for the powerful mages.

For non realistic spells, you can always post in the other thread.

Werbung:

Jacek

It depends what you mean Realistic. If it can be Future/Realistic then :

Chaining Lightning
[/b]
Using Storm Beacon, Marines have ability to hit enemies with pure lightning from the sky

Blink

Using time-shaping knowledge, scientists developed a way to move objects in no time.

Fladian

Futuristic still wouldn't be realistic =)
No. Take an example of a Footman. What kind of 'abilities' should he be able to have.

ragingspeedhorn

A footman should have a "Mighty Swing" ability. Where basicly he takes his sword and spins around 1 time damaging everything in a xx radius.

Btw we should have a spells forum as this really doesent seem to fit in here.

-=GhosT=-

umm..............maybe for unit that got ranged attack..............rapid fire/fast reload?? just berserker or w/e else ability smillar to it, that increase atck speed like 300% but last for 3 seconds, or less so it could look realistic, or just multiple shot (barrage)

Jacek

Critical Wound - hits target once. randomly hits in some body parts. 10% head - 4x damage, 50% torso - nothing, 20% leg - -50% movement speed, 20% hand - -30% damage. Oh and special effect attached to head,hand (no leg attachment ;/)

EDIT:

Adrenaline - boosts movement speed smoothly (triggers or negative purge).

N00byStance

If it has to be realistic, how about giving each soldier hero equipment ability, and giving each a potion or two, maybe some food to cure wounds, and make them use these items whenever their live drops to 10-15%?

Jacek

If it has to be realistic, how about giving each soldier hero equipment ability, and giving each a potion or two, maybe some food to cure wounds, and make them use these items whenever their live drops to 10-15%?
[/b]
Food curing wounds? Realistic? Maybe some kind of medikit :] usable only out-of-combat

Undead_Lives

How about a Shield Bash (this might only work for footman...)
Make the footman go into defend style, then send the footman forward with a trigger at a target, and when he reaches the target, the damage is done and the enemy gets stunned.

Jacek

Maybe something like 0.2 second defend with 100% damage reduction. If you have good reflexes you can tank damage quite nicely.

Benx_X

omg... DA BEAST MASTA
how is his summons not realistic? appart from that thunder hawk.... and stampede unless he farted and an earthquake started... THEN ALL DA GIANT LIZZARDS RUN...

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

How are his summons not realistic? I'll tell you how. Animals just don't appear out of nowhere and then when they die, they don't just disappear in a little red electricity.