Problems with a New Screen

Master_Cho

Well...i used to play CA before but now i cant because i got a new monitor, im almost sure its because the resolution of the screen cuz its different from my old monitor...When i try to get in-game...the screen gets black and then it errors and closes the game saying that my video card is not high enough to run the game...but...it isnt the prob cuz i could play before with my old monitor...the old one was a..umm..well idk...i didnt knew the brand or the model of it...but the new one is a AOC 716Sw

pls help me cuz i rly want to play CA again...

btw...sry about my english...it sux

Werbung:

Master_Cho

wow...thx for the help...

-_-

even if you dont know how to fix it...at least put something to prove that you actually read it...

it makes some ppl like me feel less ignored...

Jordan B

Be nice guys, god.

Have a tinker with your buttons on the monitor, look at resolution.

Computer stats please ?

Then I'll tell you what I think .

Master_Cho

well...finally someone answers...

my actual resolution is 1280x720...its the max on for this screen...the resolution for my old screen was...umm...idr...

the size of the screen is 16:9...inches?...idk

and just to add something...i had the same prob with another game...but i changed it to "Open on a Window" instead of Full Screen and now i can play it normally...

is there any way to change it to window mode w/o getting in game or is it even possible?

maybe it will help

@Eitan: i havent changed the Videocard...it worked before and i think it still works...so stfu if you're only gonna flame here

Jordan B

Can you do something for me ? Run Dxdiag , if you don't know how to do this there are some tutorials online, I can't be bothered typing, I'm in a hurry sorry.

Post the dxdiag results here please.

Werbung:

Master_Cho

sigh...

DirectX is fine...i did what you said it said everything is fine, i have the DirectX 9.0c

i cant put it here cuz its all in spanish and im too lazy to translate it...

i didn't show any problem and it said everything is running perfectly

except for my computer that is kinda laggy since i uninstalled the Avast antivirus and left only the NOD32...but that happened recently and the Prob with CA is from long time ago (like 1 month)