Pledge of Allegiance Ruled Unconstitutional?

Werbung:

DigitalSword

Deviant has it right, and i agree with the ruling.

the issue, if it is the one im thinking of, is the one on whether the phrase "one nation under god" in the pledge of allegiance, or the pledge at all, should be allowed in school. By In school I mean, kids must stand and recite the pledge before class begins at the start of the day, I had to do this as a kid so I know what it means. I can recall the days (and whats nuts was this was the 80's, hint hint, not that long ago) when this was actually enforced, and kids who refused were suspended, and parents who supported the childs rebellion was quietly expelled.

Thing is, alot of what our nation builds its morale support and pride on is our visible and audible trademarks, like the flag and the pledge, among other things.
The problem with that is, our nation was founded constitutionally on the ground that church and state are seperate entities. So in reality what people might be gaining so much "national pride" on is really one big farse. Welcome to the blind innocence that is 80% of the american public.

I agree with the "people's argument" that the pledge should be ousted from schools, schools are run gonvernmentally, therefore they should follow the governmental structure of rules and bounds.

Anyone who believes it should be in schools is a fool, doing so undermines any real credibility this nation has no matter how big our tanks and jets may be.

It is one giant hypocrtical mess, and it is what makes this country great. this is one shining example of the freedoms we do possess however limited they may be, they can be focused to a single ultimate goal.

|DS|

EMA

before you know it they'll be changing the whole constituiton and have it rewritten on paper that smells like flowers and the ink is gel..

i have no said the pledge i dont think..since i was probably in 9th grade...none of my teachers made us...but we did have to stand. They said its our right to be able to choose...even my english teacher didnt say it b/c he said he didn't believe in it..or w/e. No one has ever been expelled or suspended for not saying the pledge...when i was in elementary school and middle school they were more strict about it...my one of my younger brother told me that he doesnt have to say it but he does have to stand...he's in 7th grade. honeslty tho...i dont think they should change it.

Puppet

One word for all of this.....stupid.....What did it fix? What did all of this effort, time and money repair as a problem in our society. We spend more time wasting the time of the judicial system and legislature with this kind of bullshit. I think we should now bring before the legislature that churches cannot be located within a certain radius of any state or government owned property so that we can give more separation between church and state. And if they are found within that radius then we can now tax them or take their property away. It could be a revenue generator.

LizardKing

how about catholic schools would they be required to negate this pledge? i would hope not since they are not government owned but owned privately. i say ur all fuckin idiots for believing this is a good thing. people just want fame so they will try and do anything for it. its sad really, this country is very sad. i work for the government and it is sad at what the people will do. why cant you just fuckin buck up, live life happy, and stop tryin to pick fights with everyone. im sure if every one smoked pot, we'd all be happy

blze

blah blah blah, quit ur whining mofuckas. they said "god" and now
im gonna cry until i get my banky back because it reminds me of
home.... bunch of whiny fucks + too many lawyers = America.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance?

.:EDIT:.

Before this gets misinterpretted i want to clear up that i love this
place the way it is and that this is directed at nubs trying to fuck
it up. I realize there is room for improvement, but, sometimes
we should just let things be...

eng26dcfd

The constitution just says

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

No where does it say god cannot be said it just states that the govt cannot make a law requiring one religion over another.

Machiavelli

Seperation of Church and State is definitely along the lines of something that is implied by the constitution, not enforced.

At my public school it was optional to recite the pledge, but standing at least out of respect was required. That, I believe, is the way it should be.

Or maybe we should outlaw the singing of God Bless America in any public place. With the way our society is going, I'm starting to be surprised when ignorant people don't get an immediate almighty fuck you

Puppet

Maybe we should just move on without any of this governmental bullshit red tape. They can make it so that kids don't say the word God but they can't for some reason get the word God off the damn dollar bill. What a bunch of pissy ass government bitches. Why don't they get to work on something with real fricking substance, like managing the growing poor population in America, fixing the problem in Louisiana and Mississippi or getting our damn gas prices back down, etc, etc. Instead they piss around with the word God, like maybe he doesn't exist? Bullshit. Tell me we didn't hire these nitwits.

Or maybe we should outlaw the singing of God Bless America in any public place

Schools don't require students to sing that every day do they?

If you want to see what happens when you allow a society to be governed by "1 understanding of God" look at the News from yesterday, 150 dead in bagdad, killed because the religous minority (and former leaders of that country) don't like the "equality for all" and "freedom of religion" wording in the new constitution.

I agree that we need to get God out of goverment, law and public schools. I can't wait untill I have to show up in court and refuse to swear on a bible. I will ask them to get me a copy of Jack Herer's The emperor wears no clothes, or perhaps Douglas Adams the hitchheikers guide to the galaxy, to swear apon.

If my government cant enforce a public school to force the saying of the pledge, how can they mandate I swear on a religous book in a government court?

more to come folks, and its all going to ruin America IMHO. America was founded on Religous freedom, but was governed by the religous elite for generations. Some day we will become what we have been claiming to be since our independance.

EMA

JustAnotherStayAtHomeDad said:
Or maybe we should outlaw the singing of God Bless America in any public place

Schools don't require students to sing that every day do they? /quote]

not at my school. but we did have someone who sung it before my basketball games and the football games...no one ever made a big deal out of it. It's just tradition here.

Puppet

This is all bullshit anyway. This is the 9th circuit court of appeals in California. The MOST liberal court in the entire United States. The person that pushed this has also offered that he is an atheist, so what do we expect from an atheist in the most liberal court in America? I believe in God and I believe our constitution was founded on a belief in God. Those of you who don't.......stand clear because you are the minority. This only applies to one district in California. Case closed.

DigitalSword

daddy knows whats up.

there is so many things, so many things that make our country what it is a joke, if you set things right it wouldnt be that way.

Swearing on the bible before testifying in a judicial court

"In God we trust" on any monetary note and coin

The pledge in schools

The pledge before any huge event, air show, football game, baseball game, etc.

Presidential comments back and forth, i hate it so much when a president refers to god.

This doesnt strike me at home on a personal level so no, dont take it that way, im not goin ballistic over this, but to new people who come to this country who are hardcore religious, and then the people that arent but are still not of a christian based faith, the first thing they have to do is swear on a christian-based bible of all objects just to become a citizen.
Nice freedoms we have here.

The point of the argument is that its not very good to be the best country in the world when you cant even get your own constitution straight.
For a country based upon freedom, we should have just that.

|DS|

Werbung:

Puppet

The point of the argument is that its not very good to be the best country in the world when you cant even get your own constitution straight.
For a country based upon freedom, we should have just that.

If that is the point of the arguement then I missed it. How is it we can't get our own constitution straight? We have had it for almost 230 years and nobody complains about it until it gets 200 years old. Just because you would like to pull religion out of the consitution doesn't make it right or mandate. Look around the country and you will find you are the minority. Why do we need to pull it out? You haven't given one iota of valid reason to do so. Because someone wants to become a citizen? So what? Because school children are taught to use the word God in the pledge of allegiance? So what. Sounds like busy work to me. Get busy with fixing the real problems in this country, because I can guarantee you one damn thing......God ain't the problem.

See what happens when I lose my Steam account? There is no end to the posting I can do.