Orcs ideas.

Escurial

Im practicing orcs and found out that there are alot of ways to draw an orc. Warhammer for instance has 3 ways...(all a tad similar but you can see some differences)
Warcraft makes them look really human. See wow orcs. they look like heavy jawwed/checkboned humans.
Anyway. here is a orc head.

Orc.jpg

Hope someone dislikes it and tells me why :infernal:

I also ask you to draw your own impressions of an orc. Their cool creatures and pretty hard to draw when you dont know how.

Werbung:

Fredalf

I think it looks like a goblin. It´s definately the ears, looks more like bat ears than orc ears to me. You´ve got skill though, I´ll tell you that.

Fladian

I can't remember that the Warhammer Orc's had those kind of ears either... but then again, it has been more than a year ago since I've seen a Warhammer orc.

Escurial

Though i dont like defending myself... here is proof i guess.

Orc%20001.jpg

Fladian, warhammer orc models dont have big ears because those will break off.
But warhammer art dos include the large goblin ears. They do this because goblins and orcs are reletives. (same dna strands)

Fredalf

Ah, I see now. I´ve never been into Warhammer so I guess I have to blame my ear-comment on that :p For the record though, I like the Warcraf orcs better than the Warhammer ones ^^

Escurial

I compleetly disagree with you fredalf. warcraft orcs look like ugly humans with to much lower lip. Warhammer orcs (when drawn professionaly, so dont look at mine) are way better. and they look more orcish for me. and warhammer has more background to the looks of orcs. For instance orcs are primitive (low forehead). warhammer Said that its not beeing primitive and all that. they say that orc brains extend towards the neck and not up. And they gave orcs less neck (since having a neck is useless in battle)

But this is more my opinion. i often like drawings on why they are drawn in a sertain way, not how. maybe weird...

I think im going to make a gallery. so that we dont have 100 post in art forum just for me :p

It looks pretty good for me.
Maybe more than a head next time?[/b]

I will. im currently drawing a magic battle. Nottin much though.

Fladian

The WC orc never did really look like normal orcs anyway.. I mean, the orcs that are in the WC Universe are created a little... childish. Not only the orcs, for that matter, but pretty much everything. Take a look at the Ancient's of the Night Elves for an other example. Warhammer has no specific group of people it is aiming for, so it can use the 'regular' look of 'm, meaning that they'll look more fierce.
As for the histories, I'll keep my mouth shut on that. I know far too little about the Warcraft and Warhammer history to be the judge of that...

A gallery, hm? You could do that, though it is probably fine like this as well...

Good luck eitherway though...

Werbung: