BobPwnsNoobs' Top Secret Guide To Solo Quarantine

BobPwnsNoobs

~~~Intro & Why go solo ?~~~
This is for the fearsome players guide to survive solo of Quarantine. Those that do not accept any other as a team mate. Those who choose to daringly take on the zombies as a One Man Army.

Why go solo ? Well of course there's numerous reasons to why going solo instead of going as a team.

I'll list some negative reason why you shouldn't group up:
- There's always bound to be a noob ready to get infected with you if you go as a team
- They will backstab you and infect you as soon as they get infected
- A group of humans attracts the infected
- Once you're together as a team , it is hard to revert to going solo because the infected may watch those who try to escape
- Other humans don't always co-operate

Here are some positive reasons why you should go solo:
- The infected would prefer the LARGE group of humans which may be worth around 15 or so points , rather than just 2 points from one human like a soloist
- The infected will have a harder time looking for you since you're alone and other humans aren't there to blow your cover
- It is not that hard to avoid one infected since they are all most likely aiming for the larger groups

~~~Notes~~~

The Infected: I am reliefed that nexon patched the overpowered infected.
Here is a small comparison chart [Before resembles BEFORE the patch happened to tone down the infected.]:

HP Before: Each infected starts with hp from 450 - 600.
HP: Hosts start with 500 hp, infected start with 300.
Speed Before: I'd say they have about 115% - 125% speed.
Speed : No change.
Stamina before: All infected have about twice the stamina of humans.
Stamina: Only hosts have twice as much stamina , infected have normal stamina.
Damage Taken Before: 1 per bullet.
Damage Taken: 2 per bullet.

Humans:We obviously don't match the infected in terms of physicality. But we have the firearms to help us survive.

Assault Rifle: Great for pinning down the infected.
SubMachine Gun: Great for slightly knocking back the infected while you are escaping them.
Machine Gun: Great for pinning down the infected for longer times at the cost of speed.
Sniper Rifles: Not the best gun to equip, but can be used for fun.
Shotgun: Great blast range and knockback power.
Grenades: Greatly knocks back the infected.
Flamethrower: Great for killing the infected , but not for knocking them back.
M134 (Minigun): Great for holding back more than 3 infected.

~~~Maps & Quick Review ~~~

Two Towers: The goal here is to hide , avoid , and use your surroundings as an advantage.

Showdown: The goal here is to hide , and jumping around using the boxes and rooftops as an advantage to escape their sight.

Overdose: The goal here is to hide for a reasonable amount of time , then make your way to the elevator since the humans are grouped at the office and the infected are distracted.

~~~Two Towers~~~

This map is the easiest to survive as a solo. Stay away from any other humans as they can memorize your location when they get infected. There are several ledges and corners that are quite hard to be found at.

There is the two mini towers on the rooftop that aren't so hard to get onto. Simply jump on the top of the window ledge underneath the rooftop, then move forward and jump AROUND onto the roof. From there the infected cannot infect you unless you lean over the edge too much.

The two towers on each respawn base cannot be accessed because then you can just shoot the infected that try to climb which is too much of an advantage , therefore the ladders were removed.

Another area where I love to camp is the containers at the first floor of the map. There is a breakable barrel that you can jump onto then jump on the container. From there you want to shoot the breakable barrel to prevent the infected climbing. The downside of this area is that the infected can easily get you if you are too close to an edge.

Note: Shockingly , the infected can swim and humans cannot. This was to prevent all of the zombies dying instantly in the water easily letting humans win.

~~~Showdown~~~

This is the hardest map to survive solo in quarantine. You need quick tactics and fast reflexes. You cannot hide in one place for too long cause eventually ... atleast one of the 15 infected will spot you.

What you wanna do is stay away from the crowd. Run around , but don't run too much in open areas as you can easily be spotted. Try to hide in an area where the infected is most likely looking away. This can mean areas like behind a door , and the infected won't see you coming from the outside through the door.

One of the areas I like to camp is a ledge on the side of a building. Head to the 2nd floor of the respawn base with the blue roofing. When you've come there, head through the outside way by the locked up stairs. There is a green breakable barrel that you can jump on to. Jump onto it , then face the building and jump around it from the outside way. The ledge there is almost unknown, though the downside is that the infected can hit you through the wall.

Note: This map is really small compared to two towers. Hiding is important , but escaping is essential.

~~~Overdose~~~

The original map of quarantine. In this map humans tend to regroup at the office tower. Your goal is to stay away from that in an unexposed area. This means hide until that group of humans fail to survive.

There is a camera you can jump onto from the ledge of the window in the Surgical Room. This camera is a popular camping spot. The infected most likely know how to deal with these kind of humans , so I recommend you to not go here.

One area you can hide at is in between the stacked boxes near the elevator , and a fan appliance box. Watch both sides , left and right cause you never know when an infected will pop up.

If you have survived until 1:15 , it is a good time to head to the elevator ONLY if the humans at the office are still fending off the infected. Before you actually GET to the elevator, it is important to check for any other infected first. If it's clear make your way there.

Now if you've made it to the elevator alive , and the group of humans at the office fail(DUH!) it is up to your wits to survive. Your goal is not to shoot like crazy , your real goal is to wait until one bar is broken , then aim your crosshair and shoot 2 bullets per second. You don't wanna spam or else you're screwed when you reload.

~~~Tidbits of Notes to Consider When Being Chased~~~

Run and Gun: Obviously you can't outrun them , but the farther the distance you are the better. Walk backwards and shoot at the infected slowly , don't spam your gun.

Jump in Circles : Easy , jump around , avoiding the infects arms. Going in circles will make it harder the infected because they normally chase down humans running straight.

Confuse them: Run towards them , but not at them. You run past them which will slightly make the infected off gaurd for a second or two.

Backstab: Run towards a human , this way the infected may change their focus on them instead.

Outro
After reading this , I hope you have become more wiseful in tight situations. Be careful and swift. Lock and Load !

Copyright: This guide is only for CombatArmsForums. If you want permission to use please ask first.

Werbung:

Master_7

The only bad thing about going solo, is the fact that while the humans are still not infected, they can see your position on the map. The second they become infected, they go right to your spot, considering most know every hiding spot, especially in Overdose. I still think that Zombie's are to fast, and need to be slowed down just a bit more. I have also noticed a great tendency for spectators to rat out your hiding spot when they are dead on Two Towers map, as some fall to their death, so then, to speed game to end, they will give away your hiding position... It is very childish to do this and realy bugs the crap out of me when they do it. I had a game won, then a couple of them posted where I was to the Zombies. I got infected with 1 sec to go, needless to say, I was cussing loudly.... ><

BobPwnsNoobs

The only bad thing about going solo, is the fact that while the humans are still not infected, they can see your position on the map. The second they become infected, they go right to your spot, considering most know every hiding spot, especially in Overdose. I still think that Zombie's are to fast, and need to be slowed down just a bit more. I have also noticed a great tendency for spectators to rat out your hiding spot when they are dead on Two Towers map, as some fall to their death, so then, to speed game to end, they will give away your hiding position... It is very childish to do this and realy bugs the crap out of me when they do it. I had a game won, then a couple of them posted where I was to the Zombies. I got infected with 1 sec to go, needless to say, I was cussing loudly.... ><

Ok , yes I know that the group of humans know where you are once they get infected. That's why I mentioned in the guide , that you should hide until the group of humans manage to fail defending or the lockdown is accessable. From there , if the humans fail , then your goal is to get on the move.

Thanks for the sticky , my other guide was a bit outdated so I decided to make a new one.

lareaper

Nice guide. I still think zombies are a bit overpowered, but quarantine is still a really fun game mode in my opinion. Another good hiding spot at overdose is by the two barrels in the corner of the one room near the stairs. The only bad thing is that sometimes lots of zombies run through there if they fall trying to get to the office. Another one is by the pipes that shoot steam in the area below the office that you can jump behind and crouch. Thanks for the guide.

Werbung: