okay so...

caitlin

why does my fps constantly drop while playing?
like it goes from 100 down to like 20 and 30.
my video card drivers are updated so it's not that.
i don't know...this is just something that's been going on for the past week or so. up until then...my fps was almost constantly 100
so any help would be awesome. <3

Werbung:

blze

i have heard of bad ram causing this and also heat (ie, your vid card fan crapped out). i know how to check the fan but have no idea about the ram. or what these guys above said could be it too...

caitlin

meh there hasn't been a new driver for my vid card since i got it in march so if it was working perfectly fine a week ago then i don't think it's that. and i haven't really done much else to upgrade it.

i guess it could be what blze said.
i'll look into it.

MoneyShot

be more specific. Is the 20 or 30 FPS when all sorts of things happening or is it completely random?

Is there anyone else other than you on the computer?

If you have any antivirus/spyware program installed it might be affecting it. Also if you have any flash intensive webpages up in a browser that causes slowdowns also.

We can narrow down the framedrop according to when it is occuring.

caitlin

sometimes it's when all sorts of things are happening...but other times it's just random. like i've noticed sometimes it happens at certain spots on certain maps. for example...if i'm going down banana on inferno from the mid...my fps is like 90 but when i'm going down it from a...my fps drops to like 40ish and then down to 20 and then back up to 90.

no one else uses this computer. so no one else could've done somthing i didn't know about.

and i had one spyware program thingy but i uninstalled it last night just cuz i was going through my computer and uninstalling things that i don't use anymore. so if that was the problem. i guess i'll find out shortly when i go to play.

MAx

I've had the same problem no too long ago ,
sounds like your CPU heats to much , so it reduces the the amount of ram available.. the more it heats, the less ram youll have available...
And the best way to fix this problem would be to change the glue between your CPU and your fan.
Should bring your comp to a tech , cause its a touchy job ... to much glue can fuck up your motherboard and not enough will result in intense heatin and restarts everytime you start an app.
And just to be sure, before you do anything ... try goin in your BIOS and check your temps.. normal temps would be between 40°C and 60°C. but CPU temperature reporting mechanisms incorporated into current processors and motherboards are incredibly inaccurate, so results can vary by 10°C or more.
Mines are between 30°C and 50°C, but I have a monster cpu cooler :D

Werbung:

mYth

keisorsoze said:
How do you get into the BIOS to look at temp?

Go and get Dr. Hardware.......really kick ass prog that'll let you see temp.....flops.....bytes......cock......anything you desire :twisted: