New Problem

Intro

Every time I sign out of CZ and try to close it, it freezes my computer up.

Then my computer says I have "Low Virtual Memory".

I've got a gig of RAM and about 100gigs of free HD space.

What gives? And this is a new thing - has always ran and closed fine before.

Werbung:

RaNcid

reallocate more space to your virtual memory?

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
3. On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
4. On the Advanced tab, under Virtual memory, click Change.
5. Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file that you want to change.
6. Under Paging file size for selected drive, click to select the System managed size check box, and then click Set.
7. Click OK three times.

hmmm... i'm assuming this just started to happen. Make sure all of programs are not up and running. Alt, Control, Del to see what's running and using you're memory. message me on aim at leoocean727

Intro

I have realized that it's a virtual memory conflict when attempting to close the hl.exe file. I have to hit ctrl-alt-del and kill hl.exe in my processes menu to unfreeze my shit. So I guess maybe something's become corrupt in it?

I reset my pagefile size up to like 5000MB but it didn't help at all..

Now I'm trying the system managed sized thing. We'll see.

Thanks for the tip.

8)

BillyTheKid

yeah you gota lift that rule that only you can beat the shit out of that computer because every time i use it i just wanna kill a muthafucka

Puppet

Sounds like a memory leak. Something is causing it to consume memory and not release it. If it were me I would be doing several different tests to narrow the process that's leaking, and it doesn't have to be hl.exe. I think I'd be starting with perfmon analysis.

RaNcid

i dont know if this is what you said you did but just incase here's a step by step thing cause that happened on my dad's pc and this fixed it.

Start>Control Panel>System>follow my picture

untitled9ve.jpg

change the memory to like 1000

Werbung:

Intro

Puppet said:
I think I'd be starting with perfmon analysis.

Don't know what that is or how to do it.

Tina - I originally went in and set my virtual memory to be system managed but that wasn't doing the trick. So I went back in and set my initial page size to 2000MB [it was already at 1500+] and the maximum to 10000MB - I think I have like 100000 to play with. Anyway, I just logged in and out fine with no hang ups so maybe this really did work.

Thanks again for your help!

:)