need a quick hand, choke problems

Conan4Life

hey guys, been playing on you server on and off and haveing one slight problem with choke

rate is set to 99999
cl_updaterate is set to 60
cl_cmdrate is set to 30

it feels as i play on the server any time i get a few players on the screen it spikes, i lag and POP! im head shotted(if there is any one on the other team there) and this is the only server i have a choke problem with

running AMD 3000xp, 1024mb of ram, geforce4 4600 ti, sound blaster LIVE 5.1, on Win XP pro sp1, all updated drivers and ussually running cs at 1280 x 1024 res, (1024 x 768 now cause of the POS 15 inch flat screen im useing), cable connection with 400k down and 128k up

Werbung:

DigitalSword

through my vast long hours of researching this shit, ive foudn that there are 3 items u can adjust in console for your connection,

those items being

Rate
cl_updaterate
cl_cmdrate

Mine in particular is set at

Rate 12000
cl_updaterate 25
cl_cmdrate 25

You will have to fine tune these settings to et the most out of ur connection remmeber your not shooting for low ping your shooting for consistency, as in gettting pings of 29,28,32 for example, as long as your range of ping ins kept wihtin 10 you usually good

setting rate to 99999 is no always good because it depends on your connection and 99999 shoud only be used by a t1 or t3
same goes for the others as well

as for cl_rate you cannot adjudt this, it is set at 0 by default

Intro

"Need a quick hand - choke problems"

Did anyone else read this sublect and think what I thought?

Ah, life in the gutter..

Werbung: