Illegally downloaded music?

gunners-4-life

Research conducted by the University of Hertfordshire has uncovered that 48% of the music stored on the average digital music player has been downloaded illegally. The figure rises to almost 80% amongst teenagers. The extent of illegal downloading by one of the largest survey of youth music ownership has shocked the industry, which is struggling to cope with declining CD sales.

Former Undertones front man Fergal Sharkey and now Chief Executive of British Music Rights said "I was one of those people who went around the back of the bike shed with songs I had taped off the radio the night before. But this totally dwarfs that, and anything we expected." His comments certainly seem to reflect a growing trend, as CD sales declined by 10% in 2007.

The study also shows:

63% of people illegally download

Just 15% of respondents are persuaded not to upload because of the risk of getting caught

95% engage in some form of copying

Have you ever downloaded a track to your ipod illegally and if so how much of your music collection does it account for?

I came across the other day and do you pay for music. Personally I have paid £10 for one CD since I was 8 and I have since never paid for a song, all illegally downloaded. Dont get me wrong but I dont pay for two reasons

1. I have very little money
2. Ethical issues, I pay more money for fairtrade products so why should I give money to greedy music producers

I have a poll and once again it isnt public so have confidence and vote :)

Werbung:
Werbung: