Icon Making

Arkidas

I'm just wondering how do everyone make these extremely nice icons?
Do you use a program and draw them much bigger and then narrow them or do you draw them on paper and then fix it in a program?
I've always been curious about this so I felt like asking. :D

Werbung:

Daelin

I would be happy to answer to your question through my method... I am awful at drawing something with pencil. I don't have a graphic tablet or something, and my scanner is broken, so I cannot even dream at something like that.

Conclusion? I have to rely on google, and search for shapes there. Then I just cover the shape with color and add the shading myself. After, I can add other effects, and the icon is done. This doesn't go for all icons. The best example is this icon: http://wc3sear.ch/Icons2/2727/BTNSpellWard.jpg .

It is one of my best. That is because I combined both the techniqued mentioned above for the hand, and pure photoshop filters to obtain the circle the hand is pointing at. Hope this somesort answered your question. That's the way I do it!

~Daelin

I can make icomns, mimimaps,l ading screens, al with Photoshop, very simple, except my icons don't have DISbtmn

I just open Photoshop, load a picture, narrow it to 64/64 pix
then save it as TGA import it anfd my icon is done

Werewulf

for me i just simply enlarge a icon at 512 with using pixel resize, draw one colour like as a base then darken and light , etc and i come up a picture and then i resize to 64x64 using smartsize and then save to tga then convert a long proccess which loses quality cuz my gawd dam programs r caking up.

Daelin

I can make icomns, mimimaps,l ading screens, al with Photoshop, very simple, except my icons don't have DISbtmn

I just open Photoshop, load a picture, narrow it to 64/64 pix
then save it as TGA import it anfd my icon is done
[/b]

Pathetic, I can't believe you say that you can make icons. That is not iconing, that is copy-pasting. And gosh... if you can't make a DISBTN version, do you know how to atleast add a wc3 border?

~Daelin

Jacek

To get some cool graphics that can be used as reference or edited to make an icon, open images.google.com and type "vortex"

james1654

Pathetic, I can't believe you say that you can make icons. That is not iconing, that is copy-pasting. And gosh... if you can't make a DISBTN version, do you know how to atleast add a wc3 border?

~Daelin
[/b]

ROFL that made me crack up. I bet you'd be even more frank, if it was on wc3sear.ch forums.

Werewulf

photoshop cost money ye know? but u can get alot of trials on psp and ps that last 30-60 days.
gimps free and can be found at the tool section of wc3sear.

Werbung:

thelex

I'm just wondering how do everyone make these extremely nice icons?
Do you use a program and draw them much bigger and then narrow them or do you draw them on paper and then fix it in a program?
I've always been curious about this so I felt like asking. :D
[/b]
they're not nice, i hate them all!
paper sounds like too much trouble, i just draw in a program that i bought for 5000$
its pretty easy i think, you just gotta avoid anti-aliasing
but y u need to know this? wanna put george clooneys face on the paladin icon? it would fit quite well