I NEED FRIGGIN HELPPPP!!!

Mom's Son

Oki here's the deal. I reformatted my computer. I install the needed stuff and, I reinstalled steam. I go into the game and, it boots me out with a screen that says " Don't have the needed software to run in this mode. Switch to software mode?" It then says yes or, no. Me and, MOM keep trying to find out why it will let me play in D3D mode but, not in Open GL. I went to dell and, I redownloaded my driver. It says, There is no newer driver then the one I already have. That I can't update it anymore. I tryed to install this driver:

ATI 16MB Rage 128 Pro agp 4x tmds

That is the video card I have.

Someone please help me I can't live with CZ I am so bored.... AHHHHH!!!! I tried to download so many drivers for this card for Windows 98, XP, 2000. NONE of them work I am so frustrated. :cry:

Werbung:

RaNcid

since you lazy and not IMing me. here are some things to try while you are not playing cz >:]

In order,

1. Install the monitor driver.
2. Mess with the actual Video Card options make sure its in sync
3. Make sure you have directx 9 installed
4. Try installing the STANDARD RAGE driver and not the pro one
5. I know you said you tried this but download one of the older drivers from here and try.

MoneyShot

What kind of computer is it? It seems to me to be less a hassle to spend 40 dollars on a vieocard that is 100 times better and be able to update it at any time.

This will do for 60 dollars.

If anything that would fit in and be better. If you can scrounge up 60 dollars you will have a much better playing experience.

Skin

reinstall your video card...delete it in your device manager and restart your puter, im pretty sure the open gl has to do with your video card..and if the card you got is one you put in did you have to turn off your video on motherboard in the bios? most does it auto but some dont..but i would reinstal card go as far as shutting down and taking card out and put right back in and turn on...hope that helps..

mYth

I'm going with Skin on this one......besides OpenGL was just getting started when that vid card came out.......wow that was a long time ago......and go flip a weenie or something man.......$60 isn't all that much for a decent vid card for this stuff.......

mewt 8)

Mom's Son

I can't flip weenies. I have school fulltime I'm not waiting till this summer to play either. I have windows XP pro sp 2 I believe and, I did the taking out of the card and, putting it back in. It said it worked but, I goto play OpenGL again and, it's boots out and, back to software mode I go. I still have to do the low carb trimming thing for my computer but, I don't know where to find the instructions. Can anyone please, please help me out. I am going to kick this computer in it's tiny ass balls man.

mYth

I wouldn't reccomend that. Take it from many experiences. You can try and force OpenGL to run or you can try some backdated drivers for your card. Also we could use the following info:

Driver Version
DirectX Version
OGL Version

I'm looking into it and it does say it can support OpenGL, but your card might not have enough ass (16 MB) to support the OGL instruction sets for the game.

Mom's Son

OMG... Oki this is what I did. After I pulled out and, reinstalled the driver I never hit update driver. So I was still using the old driver. Now I updated it and, I was bouncing off the walls when Open GL actually started up. Wow. I can't be any dumber. I am flipping off the walls now I GOT CZ BACK YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks for your effort in trying to elp me guys. I appreciate it. :wink:

Werbung:

Mom's Son

mYth said:
NP......and next time.......just shoot the damn thing and call it a day! :lol:

If I had mone I would have bought a missle launcher and, homed in on it while it was sitting in my house with all my belongings. :p